Last Summer, Camden started playing a little game called Lego Star Wars on the Wii. We limit playing to one time a week, typically on the weekends because Daddy likes to play too. We have to limit playing because in Camden's words, 'I just can't stop thinking about it!!!' He became obsessed with the story line of all of the characters.
Me: Cam, what's your favorite Stars War character?
Camden: Hmmm...Ben Kenobi, the AT-AT driver, Bobba Fett, um... the guy with four arms and has light sabers and goes *insert Camden wildy swinging his arms*
Fortunately, I watched Star Wars quite a bit when I was little, so he thinks I'm a pretty cool mom for knowing all about it. He watched the original Star Wars movie once because it was edited and on DVR (had to fast forward through a few parts), but that's the closest to the movie side of it for now. Even if the movies were child-friendly, I'm afraid they would just increase the obsession. Anyway, it was no surprise to us that he wanted a Star Wars theme for his birthday party. His birthday is on Halloween, which complicates things, so we had the party the week after Halloween. We decided to just do a small one for his friends which was so much easier! Camden was so excited about the party! He loved the decorations and was OBSESSED with the cake my friend Lora made for him.

Our Birthday Boy
The Death Star on the top of the cake MADE HIS DAY!
The favors were Yoda, Clone Trooper, and Darth Vadar suckers with tags that said,
'May The Force Be With You'
We kept it simple with light saber pretzels, Chips and salsa,
and Yoda Dip (Avocado Ranch)
and Yoda Dip (Avocado Ranch)
The light saber box sitting outside the door waiting for the young Jedi students. Aaron made light sabers out of pool noodles, duct tape, and electrical tape.
I'm not sure who was more excited about these... Aaron or Camden.
I'm not sure who was more excited about these... Aaron or Camden.
The Jedi waiting for his friends...
...and getting some practice in with Miss Georgia
When the boys came, they immediately headed outside with the light sabers.
and that's where they stayed... the whole time having SO much fun!
I'm so glad I didn't do any games or activities
because you couldn't pry those things out of there hands!
I'm so glad I didn't do any games or activities
because you couldn't pry those things out of there hands!
Camden playing dead...?
I thought for sure there would be tears, but no one got hurt, cried, or told on anyone.
They played so well the entire time.
They played so well the entire time.
The dads even joined in by pairing them up against each other.
Little Jesse Blakemore will probably be big enough for them next year.
Until then... he's going to be helping Caroline with her baby dolls.
Until then... he's going to be helping Caroline with her baby dolls.










1 comment:
SO cute! I'm sure Noah's next party will be Star Wars, IF he's as obsessed then as he is now. But, like you said, I don't even want to think about that yet. :(
Post a Comment