Monday, September 29, 2008

Random Things That Made the McDs Happy This Week

Sticking our tongues out together makes us happy...
but grosses most people out.

Props to Corvette Guy for making us VERY happy! When Aaron came back to the house after Ike, Corvette Guy had already put our fence back up. I want to do something nice like bake him a pie, but he seems more like a protein shake kind of a guy. Months ago he stopped by and asked for a can of coke because although he was about to go out, he wanted a crown and coke to start the night. I would have been prompted to give him a speech on drinking and driving, but luckily it was Aaron who answered the door and regretfully told him we didn't have any coke. Maybe I could just drop off a liter of coke to say thanks?

Camden modeled my Chanel sunglasses around Hobby Lobby, lifted them above his eyes, and yelled "Boo!" to everyone we passed by. Some people laughed, others pretended they didn't hear, and one criticized me for letting him wear my Chanels. I promptly told the woman they were $8 from one of those secret rooms on Canal Street; I don't front.

I am going to be an Auntie again!
My sister Amie is just about 17 weeks pregnant and announced it to us quite awhile back, but there had been some scares and she was labeled high-risk. Baby and I have already met... sort of. I happened to be there for the major scare last month. After we rushed her to the hospital, they immediately did an ultrasound, and Baby showed up on the screen energetically punching and kicking with a great heartbeat. It was such a relief to see Baby being a hyper-hypo, and I think he/she was super excited to meet his/her Auntie. Baby is healthy and a little fighter, and Amie was taken off the high risk status a few weeks ago. Now I'm just formally announcing that Camden is getting a new cousin in March! Wahoo!

Aaron has been in a fabulous mood this week because the months of anticipation leading up to the season premiere of The Office was finally over on Thursday night. It has only been three days, and he has already replayed the hour long episode three times. Hooray for DVRs.

The new season of The Biggest Loser has started, and I am SO excited!!! I'm against most reality shows, but this one actually helps people. I got hooked in the middle of last season and cannot go through an entire episode without tearing up at some point. It also inspires me because most of them weigh three times as much as I do but can stay on a treadmill WAY longer than I can. I so think Jillian and I could be friends. Tuesday nights on NBC... Watch it!

Speaking of treadmills... I went to the Y three times last week and worked out. My goal is to workout four times a week, so I'm on the way to my goal. Unfortunately, I pass Ooh La La Bakery and Chick-Fil-A on my way back home, so any calories that I burn on the elliptical machine are more than likely going to be replaced with a Velvet Elvis Cupcake with cream cheese icing or a large sweet tea. I have no willpower when it comes to sugar.

Aaron and Camden have been biking around around the neighborhood this week.
I bought this at a consignment sale last Fall. It fit in our nice roomy basement just fine in Bville, but there was a major space problem in our new garage. I almost sold it for lack of room, but Aaron got creative and hung it from the ceiling. Now I'm so glad we didn't sell it because Camden loves it, and it's a great workout for us!

Nala Kitty taught Camden how to 'meow'. It actually sounds more like a 'shrieking meow' because he learned it while chasing poor Nala Kitty around the Pregler home. She crawled under the bed and 'meowed' while Camden unsuccessfully tried to drag her out. Now we keep on saying "Hey Camden! Kitty Cat!" just to hear him 'meow' like Nala Kitty.


While we were in town, Camden got to visit his Grandmas' schools. He had a blast. On one of the days we were there, I had to run up to my mom's classroom and drop off her camera.
We got there at snack time, and Little Man immediately found his own desk and chair to sit in. His Gma gave him some pretzels, crayons, and paper and he thought he was big time. He loved sitting there with all of the big kids and cried when I finally made him leave the class. Sorry Little Man, your mama is so not ready to let you grow up and leave me just yet.

3 comments:

Anna said...

Great entry, Amanda. Camden is too cute! It's good for me to read the tales of older boys. It gives me some indication of what's to come with Luke. Too bad we live so far away. I'll bet Camden and Luke would be friends!

Amie said...

Hopefully Camden and Addi carry on the Brown Sister's tradition of tongue sticking out pictures! That's too cute!!

Jennifer said...

I'm proud of you for working out so much! I didn't know you had it in ya! Too bad I work out just as much and you're half my size...:) My problem is the sugar as well. :) Congrats on your new neice/nephew! And I think the tongues are cute !