
We're back! Aaron and I had a fabulous time in Seattle and immensely enjoyed the fabulous weather, sleeping in, eating lots of food, and beating Washington State! I can't say enough about how fabulous the weather was while we were there. The high never got above 62 degrees, which is perfect weather for me! I think I have been in South Texas too long because I was FREEZING the first day we were there My poor body is so used to 95 degrees, that my teeth were chattering at 60 degrees. It was pretty sad. Fortunately, I had packed my fleeces and North Face coat, so I was set to go after we got to the hotel. I was a little embarrassed that the Seattlites thought it was still warm and wore shorts and T-shirts.
We stayed in downtown Seattle, so we could be near everything and just take the bus wherever we needed to go. Our hotel was by the Experience Music Project, so we checked that out first.
We dug this art piece made entirely of guitars. I must admit I'm feeling a little old though. There was a large 'Grunge' exhibit filled with guitars, tickets, posters, etc. from Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Nirvana, etc. Since when am I old enough to have lived through an era now on exhibit at a museum???On Friday we took a tour of the Pike Market called Savor Seattle.
It was so much fun! We learned the history behind the market, visited the best places, and sampled some amazing food.We also took a 45 minute ferry ride to Bainbridge Island.
Hearing the water slapping against the boat... the smell of the salt water...the downtown views... aahhhh...it was fabulous.
We cheered on the Cowboys on Saturday afternoon with perfect fall weather. We played at Quest Field in downtown, so not only did we have comfy seats with drink holders, but we also got to eat steaming bowls of clam chowder from one of the stadium vendors. AND we beat Washington State, wahoo! Winning is fun! Hopefully we'll experience that a little more this year. Go Pokes!We arrived home late Monday night... in time for Camden to wake us up EARLY Tuesday morning. I think he knew we were back and wanted to see us. We had to take a few family pics that day to celebrate the reunion.
I sure missed my sweet baby, but he had a blast hanging out with everyone. Little Man had so much of a good time that we are now experiencing a little attention rehab this week because Little Man thinks all attention should be on him, and he should be able to play with anything he wants including pens, cell phones, kitchen knives, etc. If we take something away, he throws himself on the floor in the most pathetic display. It also doesn't help that he is getting in two MORE teeth this week. Seriously? The child only had 4 teeth until the age of 19 months, and he has gotten 8 teeth over the last 10 weeks! Poor Little Man!
2 comments:
When Chloe was forced to return to us from her grandparents, she did the same thing. I had heard they do that, but wow I was unprepared for psychoness. :)
Nice pictures!!
Looks like ya'll had a blast!! I think 60 degrees is too cold. I'd been with you in the fleece jacket!
Post a Comment