Thursday, July 3, 2014

WDW Day Two!

Growing up, our first morning at Disney always starts with the Magic Kingdom at 'Rope Drop' time. This time was no exception.  Although we had a late night, it wasn't difficult to get the kids up and ready.  They were so excited!  Before we left, I made a letter for every morning we were at Disney.  I propped them by the hotel room door as if someone had slid it through overnight. This morning's letter was from Belle.  



It said...
You are invited to be our guest for lunch today at the Beast's Castle.  You are welcome to tour the castle, and don't forget to visit the West Wing to catch a glimpse of the enchanted rose!  Enjoy your lunch!  We know it will be delicious! Don't believe us?  Ask the dishes!

The kids thought it was so special that Belle sent them an actual invitation!

We managed to get all three kids ready, on the bus, and there at rope drop... but we did forget the camera, so we just used our camera phones the whole day.  Luckily, we got some pictures from the Disney photographers.


There is just something about walking down an empty main street early in the morning and heading towards to castle!






Winnie the Pooh was our first stop! 


Then we rounded the corner and hopped on the tea cups.  The boys thought it was SOOOO much fun to spin the tea cup as fast as possible. (Look behind the boys!  Alice, herself, was taking a spin!)


The girls weren't so sure about the boys plan!  We were getting a little dizzy!


After we got off, we met up with Alice and the White Rabbit.   When I went to Disney as a child, I always brought autograph books, but I never really looked at them when I got home.  I wanted Caroline to have something to remember her trip, so I bought both girls pillowcases, had their name embroidered on them, and bought some sharpie fabric pens.  I used an embroidery hoop, so the characters would have a flat surface to sign on.


We met up with cousins Addi and Em.



We all rode The Little Mermaid together!  Caroline and I sang Part of your World along with Ariel. Vivi Cate was enchanted until Ursula showed up. She kept muttering "She scares me. She scares me. Momma, she scares me."  


Sorry, Vivs. :-/

Camden thought he could outwit the Sword in the Stone.


That didn't happen, so Caroline gave it a try. 


Smart girl even tried it with her foot. 

The kids really wanted to meet Merida.  I wasn't too interested in waiting 40 minutes to meet her (little did I know that was a short wait time compared to what we would encounter with the Frozen sisters!), but they were excited about it, so we stayed in line.  I'm glad we did because she was SO sweet!


She had the cutest Scottish accent! Camden asked her for some archery tips, and she happily gave him a lesson. 



She taught him how to keep his elbow back and his other arm straight.


It was so stinking cute!


On our way to the Beast's castle for some lunch!  We scored a Fast Pass for lunch, which means we bypassed that super long line behind the kids!  Thank goodness because these kids were hungry!!!


There are three rooms, the ballroom, West Wing, and what I called 'the music box room'. I wanted to sit in the West Wing, but it's set-up like it is in the movie... dark, thundering, slashed curtains and pictures, etc.  Caroline wasn't crazy about that room, so we opted for the music box room.

Camden had the map out and was already plotting our next destination.  He was obsessed with the maps through the whole trip.

We tried the grey stuff on the Master's cupcake!


And it was delicious! (Like Oreo)

We finally convinced the kids to go to the West Wing to check out the rose.


Addi loved it, but Camden was more of a gargoyle fan.





After lunch, we walked next door to Belle's house where we had a fast pass  to act out a story with Belle.  The cast members picked the kids for certain parts, and Cam was picked to be the Beast!

He had to roar at Belle...


and ask her what she was doing in his castle.




Emily was Mrs. Potts...



And Caroline was a plate...


After the story, it was time for the Beast to dance with Belle. Cam was such a good sport! 


He danced with her...



and it was precious!!!! 



Caroline got to pose with her too! 



Caroline and I were so excited to see the Tangled area!  



I have photos of my cousins lifting me up on this just like my sister is lifting up Caroline!


Cam is almost there! 


All of the kids (minus Vivi Cate) conquered Thunder Mountain and loves it! We rode some more rides, ate snacks, and on our way out, we made a quick stop at the the Confectionary for some Mickey caramel apples and Rice Krispie treats.  


All three kids were hot and tired, but they did not complain at all!


Our evening plans were to take a nap and then head to Hollywood Studios and look at the Christmas lights.  After the nap, we ditched those plans and opted to hang out at the pool and eat at the yummy quick service at our hotel.

It was unseasonably warm (mid-80s), so it was perfect pool weather! 


Vivi Cate LOVED the pool!



We ate dinner outside by the pool, and the kids snacked their dessert, Mickey Rice Krispie Treats.





It was such a great first day!













No comments: