Thursday, July 3, 2014

WDW Day Three!

Day Three was Aaron's birthday!  It was also Hollywood Studios day or what we called..
.Operation: Jedi Training 


The kids received two letters that morning...

                                                     Camden got one from Master Yoda


   
                                                       The whole family got one from Miss Piggy.


One of the most important things to accomplish on the trip was for Camden to be a part of the Jedi Training.  He is a Star Wars FANATIC.  He knows all of the characters, battle scenes, fighter jets, etc.  We didn't really tell him what was involved with the Jedi training in case he didn't get in, but he excited at the very mention of a Star Wars activity.  To be in a Jedi training class, you have to get there at opening and sign-up.  The whole day is filled up within the first 15 minutes of the park opening.  That morning Aaron and Camden left early, so they would be sure to be at the front when the park opened. They had it marked on the map where sign-ups were, and they were ready to take off towards it. Caroline, Vivi Cate and I got there right before park opening with the rest of my family.

We ran into Donald and Daisy on our way into the park  This was a pivotal moment in the trip... THIS was when Vivi became terrified of the 'fur' characters.  

She had been fine with all of the characters until now, but...

When Donald reached his hand out to her... she wasn't buying it.


Donald tried again with attempting a high five..


Nope.  And that's when she started crying.

This began the fear of the fur characters. :-/ 



Camden in front of *gasp* an AT-AT!


Camden and Aaron succeeded in their mission.  Not only did they get to sign-up, but they also got to sign up for the first training class of the day!  Less than 15 minutes after signing up, Camden had on a Jedi robe with a light saber in hand. 


There master Jedi trainer gave them some light saber tips










And two storm troopers come bursting out with Darth Vader following *cue Darth Vader music*


The Jedi trainers coralled the boys into a corner to protect them from Darth Vader. 


Vader claims he can turn the young Jedis to the Dark side.  The Jedi trainer disagrees and the kids agree to go up one by one and prove they will not dark side.  


With an AT-AT in the background. Every. Boy's.Dream.





Camden stepped up to Darth Vader.  He blocked Vader's attempt each time and proved the force was strong with him. 




and he received his official jedi training certificate. 


After Camden became a Jedi, we walked to Star Tours, the Star Wars ride, where Camden spotted a speedster.




Addi humored us long enough to take a picture with both of them!  



Caroline talked Auntie into holding her whole in line for the Muppets 3D show. 


Camden  thought he was a zombie!



Vivi Cate thought she looked stylish in her 3D glasses!


The kids LOVED it!

Throughout the movie, Cam and Caroline kept standing up and trying to grab the 3D images!  A few days later, Camden was still asking if the theater wall really did blow up (an effect that happens at the end) and was really concerned it would have to be repaired.


We caught Phineas and Ferb on our way out of the Muppet theatre...


And then rounded the corner to see Lightening McQueen and Mater.



Camden was sooo hyped up for Star Tours! This was the ride he had been wanting to ride for a month. 



This is him watching the video before the ride... very focused on the instructions.

Ready to FINALLY ride it! 

As I've gotten older, I've liked Star Tours less and less.  I did great with this ride up until my college years... then I got a little motion sickness.  By the time I was in my mid-twenties,  I felt sick after riding this ride.  I did not want to miss Camden's first Star Tours experience, so I went on it  knowing that 3-D simulators are just not my thing anymore.  

I spent the majority ride of the ride trying to focus on the simulator screen to lessen the motion sickness.  My four year old niece, Emily, kept bumping my arms and saying "Auntie!  Raise your hands, Auntie!!! Weeee!!!"  I continued to grip the the armrests and tried my best not to puke. *sigh* I'm getting old. The kids LOVED it though.  By the end of the day, Camden, Caroline, and Aaron would go on the ride three times.  


We ate lunch at 50s Primetime Cafe


After that we were ready too ride Toy Story Mania.


Camden was pumped!


so were my parents!


I was trying convince Camden to ride the Tower of Terror.  


I failed to convince him, but Caroline was up for it!



After lunch, we met back up with my family for Toy Story Mania... a 3D ride... that spins. Oh my. 


That evening we ate a very early birthday dinner at Boma, a restaurant at our resort.  Then Aaron and I dropped off the kids at my parents room and headed out to Epcot for a date!  


It was crowded, so we spent the evening walking around the countries. Later that night, we met up my sister and Chad.  When Amie and I realized that neither Chad nor Aaron had ever seen Captain EO, we knew what our next stop had to be...

Aaron was a bit unsure of a 1980s 3D movie starring Michael Jackson...

After seeing it, I think he's still a bit unsure!   He definitely won a record for the most 'Happy Birthday's ever.  He wore a birthday button all day and got a a "Happy Birthday!" everywhere he went!

    

No comments: