Monday, November 5, 2007

Pumpkin Patch, Halloween, Birthday, Realtors, and New Homes... it's been wild around here!!!!

Camden at the Pumpkin Patch


Bare with this long post but LOTS of things have been happening this past week...

Last Monday our MOPS group went to the pumpkin patch here in Bville. I must say it was a little pathetic pumpkin patch because 1. We went two days before Halloween and the pumpkins were scarce. 2. The Great Flood of 2007 destroyed any chances of growing pumpkins, so they had to just randomly place pumpkins all over the field. The kids still had a good time, and it was a beautiful day to be outside! Camden's 1st top tooth was beginning to come in and being outside made him a lot happier that morning!


Tuesday night was the annual Bible Study Halloween party, and it was at our house this year. Aaron and I were farmers to a little Chicken Camden. Everybody brought AMAZING food that we ate, while we watched the kiddos run around shedding bits of their costume as the night wore on. Every year the costumes seem to have an unintentional theme... last year it was the men dressing as women (Dorothy from Wizard of Oz, Cher, etc.) This year several people came as (no offense) White Trash OU Fans. What else can you expect from creative Cowboys? We do have several OU grads in the bible study who, thankfully, are fairly forgiving!



The Birthday boy getting ready for the day! Yay for being ONE!

On Halloween morning, (Camden's Birthday!) Little Man woke up a little early, so we laid around, ate breakfast, and watched the ever-popular Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. The Gregory's got Camden a board book that sings the Happy Birthday song and flashes lights when you open it. Camden LOVES this book and played it over and over that morning. The calls started coming in to wish Camden a happy birthday. He got phone calls, emails, and even myspace messages. My mom's 1st grade class even called to sing the "Happy Happy Birthday" song to him. He LOVED every call, and I think he knew he was even extra special that day. We went over to play with Sam at lunch time while our carpets were being cleaned. I think he was a little too excited because he didn't really eat or nap the whole day. All of this excitement plus the Fall Festival in the evening made it a little overwhelming! Camden had a good time at the Fall Festival and spent most of his time gawking at everyone in their costumes. Have I mentioned that Camden LOVED his costume? Almost a week later, he still wants to put it on. He drags it around the house like a blankie, too cute!


Camden the Chicken Pics
His hair is a little out of control because he was getting a little sweaty underneath the costume. I don't know what to do about his hair... we just had his third haircut a couple of weeks ago! It won't stop growing!!!

Why does everyone look so weird-looking?!?!


As if things weren't already hectic with Birthdays, Halloween parties, etc. Aaron and I have had to start the whole moving process. In between everything going on that week, we were meeting with Realtors to decide who we wanted to list our house AND we had to keep the house clean when they came over. (Keeping the house clean with a little man running around... it's about impossible!) While we were doing that, we were communicating with our Katy Realtor because we flew out on Thursday (night after Fall Festival) to go house hunting. We had just two days to choose a house, so we were relying on faith that we would find one in time without becoming too stressed. Surprisingly, I was very calm throughout the process, and Aaron was the one stressing out (which normally is not the case.) After looking at like 30 houses in two days, we made an offer on one... the last one we looked at!!!!

Our new home!

It's a two-story new construction in a great area in Katy. I was not even interested in looking at new construction, but when we looked at the older homes and realized how much our energy bills would be compared to the new homes and since the new and old homes are the same price... this was the best investment for us. If you've seen my house now, you know this is COMPLETELY opposite from where we live now, and I LOVE my home here in Bville. It won't have the character of my Bville house, but I think the new one will feel homey after it's painted and our furniture is in it. We're excited about the house and not having to do any major renovations for once! Also, I've been to Houston several times for shopping and visiting, but I've never looked at it as a future place of residence. I have now and have noticed a few things...

1. Property taxes... they are out of control.
2. The people in Houston love their Texas star (even more so than Dallas, I think) Some people literally have a Texas star front door. I knew Texans were proud of their state... but I had no idea how much.
3. Texans love big bathrooms and big closets... but not big yards or big garages. This was the case in 90% of the homes we looked at. Where do you guys store everything???? (I guess will find out soon, huh?)


Alison, Angela, Bethany, and me

On Saturday afternoon my former Bville bible study friends, Bethany and Angela (now Katy residents who live within minutes of our new house) took me around to show me all that Cinco Ranch and Katy has to offer, while Aaron stayed with the boys (all former Cowboys) to watch the OSU game (bad loss, we know!) After the game was over, we met up at Wes and Alison's brand new house (also former Bville bible study friends, and now our new neighbors!) and then went out to dinner. We stopped by our new home and found it unlocked, so we sort of broke in and got to look through it again. We had a great time with everybody, and it will be so nice to have cool people to hang out with once we get down there!

After all of this...It still hasn't hit that we are leaving Bville yet. We've been so busy that I haven't had a chance to process it all. The busyness is not going to stop because we will be listing our house this week. Hopefully people will be understanding of the fact we have a crazy kid who thrives on making the biggest mess possible!


3 comments:

Betsy said...

PLEASE DON"T LEAVE ME!

Amanda said...

Your new house is great! I hope you love it. And about the Texas star front door...my parents got one of those a couple years ago. I never thought about how funny that must seem to someone from out of state. Lol.

Amanda said...

PS - When you get to Houston, don't let the rodeo pass you by! It is a HUGE deal and you will feel like a true Houstonian after you've been. It will give you a chance to buy some boots and hats. I miss it!