I can best describe this week as... overwhelming? slightly chaotic?
On Tuesday Camden had his one year appointment. I waited with my teething toddler for an hour and a half in different waiting areas. This office does not have a "sick room" and a "well room", which made the wait difficult because for the first time Camden was interested in mingling with other kids. Since he doesn't understand those kids are sick and the toys are germy, it made the wait a little bit difficult. Little Man is a trooper, and he help up well until they came in to give him his six (yes, six!) shots. You can just imagine the look on my sweet boy's face after the first few shots. By the fourth one, he was well aware of what was going on and the look of betrayal he gave me crushed my heart. He survived though, and his sweet thighs were covered in blue camo band-aids. His weight is now 23 pounds in the 50th perecentile. We are starting to slow down in the weight! Wahoo! His height is 31 1/2 inches and is in the 90th percentile. Way to go Camden!
I'm not going to lie... Tuesday was just a tough day. As you can imagine, Camden was at his breaking point. He was teething, his legs ached, and he developed 101.6 fever from the flu shut. I hit my breaking point when later on that day the Realtor came by to put the sign in our yard. At first glance, I had this gut reaction to run out there, yank the sign out, and throw it the street. That's when it finally hit that we were moving. All it took was a sign (literally). Anyway, Camden and I both spent the day crying off and on, but we are both doing fine now. I'm over the whole For Sale sign thing, and Camden's body is slowly recovering thanks to Tylenol and teething tablets.
In other news, Camden's hair has been out of control, and I definitely know it's time for a haircut when people start calling him a "she". I kept on forgetting to call Kim (Camden's hair stylist) to schedule an appointment, and Little Man's hair was unmanageable...so...in a random fit today, I grabbed a comb and scissors and attempted to cut Camden's hair... (Looking back, I now see it as desperate attempt to gain some form of control during this hectic time,)
Was it the smartest idea I have ever had? Probably not. For those who have attempted to cut hair before- you know the point where you try to get the hair even, but you end up cutting more and more off? Well, I didn't get to that point. (Thank Heavens!!!) The voice of reason stopped me after a few snips, and I realized this was on the verge of becoming a disaster! I plopped Camden in his car seat and headed straight over to see Kim (appointment or not). After Kim's confused look with us walking in without an appointment, my explanation, and then the laughter, Kim squeezed in a few minutes to finish off the "cut" I started. Bless her! Next time, I'm leaving it to the professionals. Now Camden looks like a boy, he has even sides, and all is right with the world again.


No comments:
Post a Comment