The McD family has a little announcement to make... and no I'm not pregnant. Last week, Aaron and I found out that we will be moving in less than three months. Folks, we're going to Houston.
Let me start from the beginning.
Employees at ConocoPhillips work at their jobs in 2-3 year rotations. After that length of time, they move to a different job in the company. One of the reasons behind this is they don't want employees to get stuck in a rut doing the same exact thing for 30 years. Well, we've known for a while Aaron's rotation is about to end, and Houston could be an option because he has "mobile" written on his file. I did NOT want to move, but if we HAD to move, I would rather it be now than later when Camden is in school.
When Aaron came home and told me the news, I was devastated. I knew Houston was an option, but I never thought we would actually have to move. After a day or two of tears, I decided I can either "climb a mountain" or "crawl into a hole"(as cheesy as that sounds), so I told myself to suck it up because I have a pretty fabulous life whether I live it in Bville or Houston. It's going to be so hard to leave our home and all of our friends, but the good news is we could move right back to Bville in two years.
So... we're moving to Houston, or I should say Katy, TX. Katy is a suburb of Houston close to the ConocoPhillips complex. It's a very nice area, and I would really not have to go into Houston that much. I've been thinking of the little things to stay positive... I will be within a few miles of a Jamba Juice, Starbucks, and La Madeleine. I try not to think about leaving my home, being six hours away from any family, and trying to survive Houston's scorching weather. *sigh* This could be a great experience for us... but it will definitely be an adjustment with some tears involved.
When we know specifics, I'll pass them along. The company is taking their sweet time in officially announcing the move, and until they do so, we won't know specific dates on anything. If you know me... you know this is driving me crazy! I'm not a huge fan of uncertainty. Our girls bible study just began Calm My Anxious Heart, and I don't see it as a coincidence. We will hopefully know exact moving dates by next week....so... we're moving... to Texas.
3 comments:
Texas is awesome...you will love it! Although being far from family is hard I know...hang in there
You forgot that you will be within miles of Paytie and me!!! :)
We will never let you get lonely and we can go to La Madeline ALL the time.... I love that place. They just built a brand new one about 5 miles from our house. Trust me..... you will love it here! Can't wait to see you guys!
I hope you love Houston! Katy is wonderful. You need to check out Tuesday night Bible study with Living Proof!
Post a Comment