Monday, September 24, 2007

First Steps!

Bville's own Naked Cowboy!


Some wild things have been going on at the McD house, but I will have to post on that later on this week. Here's what else has been going on as of late...

The other night I told Aaron I shouldn't be called "mommy" anymore. My new title is officially "Camden Chaser". The chasing is about to get even crazier because on Saturday night Camden took his first steps!!!! Aaron, my parents, and I were sitting around the family room with Camden. He was in "crazy mode" because it was way past his bedtime. Little Man was standing with Aaron, so Aaron turned him around to me. I held my hands out, and instead of Camden falling down to crawl to me, he took his first steps! Yesterday he took four steps before collapsing. We're on the move!

His second tooth came in last week, so we officially have two teethies sticking out of his bottom gums. To celebrate the teethies, we have been trying to catch up with solid foods. Catching up has been quite difficult because Camden is what I call "texture-sensitive." He is repulsed by most solid food textures like pasta, chicken, breads, etc. I tried explaining to him that we can't just eat stage 2 sweet potatoes for the rest of our lives... but he disagrees. I will put a little pasta in his mouth, and he'll thrust it out with his tongue and blow raspberries, spraying me with the remnants left in his mouth. Little Man will then shake his head back and forth, giving me a non-verbal "Nooooo!" Has anyone tried to force a 10-month-old to eat something? It's a lot more difficult than it looks. I keep praying for patience because I am officially choosing the food battle, and I will win... eventually.


Now for this week's edition of "When Mommy Wasn't Looking..."


This slide was a consignment sale find last month. I thought Camden could play on it when he got a little older... well, I guess he has been watching his friend Sam climb up on it because last week I walked into the room and found this scene. He had never even climbed up the first step, much less to the top of the slide. Scared me to death!!!!



I was putting on my make-up and realized Camden was being a little too quiet. I found him in my bedroom looking like this... Apparently I dropped my eyeliner on the floor, and Camden wanted to be a little artist and decorate his face.




*sigh* In this scene, I was changing the guest bed sheets, while Camden entertained himself by making faces in a mirror. The phone rang, so I went to the other room to get it. I came back to find Little Man and an entire box of Kleenex tissues sprawled all over floor.



Ahhh... Camden and the water bowl hits again! By the time I chased him down, he managed to splash half of the water onto him and the kitchen floor. Camden's clothes and my floor were both soaked. Notice the red towel... that was already there from a minor Camden encounter earlier that morning.

1 comment:

Sara said...

I LOVE IT!!!! I laughed and laughed while reading this! You must be busy busy busy! Thanks for the great post! :)