Tuesday, February 27, 2007

It's been awhile...

Camden and Cousin Addi! Isn't she a doll?
Camden has a slight look of fear in his eyes because Addison is trying to grab his hair!

Camden playing in his Jumperoo!
He doesn't really understand the whole jumping concept, but he likes it just the same!



Well I've been a terrible blogger the last week. We were in OKC for the weekend, and I think it has taken an equal amount of time to settle back in to the "norm" (if there even is a such thing as the "norm"). Our friend Christy calls it "de-grandma-izing". The trip went well... we only had about 30 minutes of screaming each way, which is HUGE considering little man did NOT sleep almost the entire car ride! Camden got to hang out with family, and he finally got to play around with cousin Addison. He had only seen her once, but that was when the "colic monster" had taken over, so he wasn't a happy kid. They smiled and giggled at each other, and Amie took some pictures of them (...of course they wouldn't smile when it came time to take pictures). Camden is almost as big as her, and she is 10 months old! I think he might surpass her by this summer. I'm not worried about Camden getting too big and being rough with her though. Miss Addi has a strong will and a crazy temper, so I think Camden is the one that will need to watch out!

Camden is getting SOOOO much better at being "chill". Little man can finally reach for things, so he is able to entertain himself a lot more without having to be carried around everywhere. We were over playing with Betsy and Sam today, and even Betsy was like "he's a completely different baby!" I'm starting to realize that while Camden is going through these different phases... there are other stages that are passing... such as the "noise phase". I'm learning that while my little man is developing, so are the noises! The first stage that we went through when he was born was the crying... crying...and more crying stage. He is crying because of his colic; I'm crying because he is crying; Gracie is crying because she is not the baby anymore... it was never ending! I am happy to say that we have graduated from this stage (all of us but Gracie anyways). Yay! Now he is on to the second stage, which I will just call the Oh So Much Better stage. There are toys introduced in this stage. There are little jingling bells, rattles, and a few developmental singing toys that aren't too loud. He also coos and giggles, which is so much fun! I think this is the best stage because I know what the 3rd stage is going to be... the Obnoxious Noise Makers stage!!!! Angela used to crack me up because she could sing along to every one of Paytie's toys. Angela, remember the pots and pans??? Well Camden has that toy waiting for him in his toy chest along with many other loud, obnoxious sing-along noise makers that will be entertaining him in just a few months. I am grateful for the peace that is in my home right now because I know that in one or two months, I will be singing nursery rhymes in my sleep!

The key word in that sentence is sleep because now I'm almost getting normal hours!!! He is sleeping at least 6 hours straight most nights. Last night he slept 9 hours straight!!! I'm not even sleeping through the night because I wake up and worry that he is not up. If you've ever seen Terms of Endearment where at the beginning Shirley McClaine goes into the nursery, and worried that her sleeping baby is too quiet, she pokes at the baby until it cries then walks out of the room happy again... that's me... except I know better than to wake a sleeping baby, so I will lean over to hear if he's breathing or lay my hand lightly on his back to feel it move up or down. Does anyone else do this, or I am just way paranoid??? When he was sick last week, I literally did this two or three times each night. I don't think this is normal...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Amanda!
You and Aime have beautiful children!! I love the pics!
Its great to keep up with you 3 via the blog, but we really need to get together some time!
Love ya, Necia

Unknown said...

Amanda!
You and Aime have beautiful children!! I love the pics!
Its great to keep up with you 3 via the blog, but we really need to get together some time!
Love ya, Necia