Thursday, February 1, 2007

Unpredictable...




That is what Camden has been this past week... I don't get it. On Monday, he cried the ENTIRE day. He cried when he woke up, before he ate, after he ate, before he went to sleep... etc. I probably took his temperature a dozen times because I was sure he had an ear infection or something... no temperature, no stuffy nose, no diaper rash, nothing. He only napped about 2 hours the entire day because he kept waking up crying. Holy cow, it was exhausting! He did sleep really well that night though. He was a little better on Tuesday, but he got up twice during the night. He napped SO well yesterday and hardly cried all day, so I think he is over his funk. The FedEx guy came to the house on Wednesday and handed me a large box; I opened it and there was a bouquet of Tulips from Aaron! Boxed flowers are so much fun because you get to spend time to play with them when arranging them in vase. They make me smile.


On Wed night, We had Clay and Betsy over for dinner to thank them for being our Taxi during the ice storm. Camden fell asleep right before dinner and slept through until dessert!!!! We had a REAL adult dinner that lasted longer than 5 minutes, yay! Of course, that messed up his bedtime a little bit, but it was SO worth it! He went to sleep at 10:30 p.m., so I thought he would sleep until 6:30am or so, but no, he randomly woke up at 11:15 wide awake, went back to sleep at midnight, got up at 3:20, went back to sleep at 4:30, and then got up again at 7:45am. Needless to say, I did not get any sleep that night. During his 3:20 wake-up, I kept on thinking I heard him cooing, so I finally got up to check. He had fallen on his back (still a side sleeper) and was playing with his mobile. I reached over the crib, and he started giggling at me. Midnight wake-up or not, I couldn't help talking back and giving him some lovin' before I tried to put him back to bed. Last night, he slept for 8 hours, only getting up for 30 minutes during the night... I don't get it! I'm not going to lie; I like a little predictability... and it seems once I have him figured out with a schedule, it changes! I know... I know... once I think I figure him out again, he is going to change AGAIN... I guess I have 18 years to get used to this...

Yesterday, Camden and I went to take pictures at Betsy's house, and he did really well. I think we got some good ones! Betsy sent this one to me this morning.


Isn't he too cute? He is growing up so fast! A new discovery for Camden is clucking! He likes to "cluck" his tongue. He'll sit in his swing, looking up at his mirror, and just cluck for about five minutes. He thinks its pretty cool!

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Hey Amanda...its Courtney (from Grace, Hannah's friend) anyway, I found your site through one of the Tuesday night groups blogs and Iwanted to comment. I knew we were due about the same time and I think Camden and Creighton are only like 3 or 4 days apart in age. He is cute and very big if they are only a few days apart...Creighton doesn't seem that big to me yet. How are you doing? Oh yes, adn I LOVE the Baby Bjorn...isn't it wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Amanda, I will work on your back any time. :) I'm sheepishly glad that I get to watch all your alls trials so I hopefully will have it easy after learning from everyone. :) Note to self--register for expensive baby thing that I can't pronounce and don't remember how to spell right now. :) Way to go Aaron on the tulips! So pretty!

Sara said...

was that my brother aaron that got you the tulips?? or a different aaron? i'm assuming a different one... doesn't sound much like the brother i know! anyway, lovin the pics!! he's beautiful!!