5. Pacifiers
While we were in Kansas City, I couldn't help but notice all of the sweet, content babies in their strollers. I kept on asking myself, why doesn't my kid do that??? You know what those babies all had in common? A pacifier!!!! That is the key! Unfortunately, my kid doesn't think it's cool. He doesn't hate it; he's just not interested. He'll lick it with his tongue or roll it around in his mouth, but he has just decided that he won't suck on it. He went from taking it every now and then, to not even attempting to suck on it at all. This poses a problem whenever we are in public, and he needs a little soothing. He doesn't suck on a pacifier like most babies; he just cries. My sister lovingly refers to it as "the plug". I don't have a plug!!!!
4. Strollers
Our last stroller experience lasted a record 5 minutes, so I am holding out hope on this one. There is nothing to do but hope because little man is eventually going to get too heavy for the miraculous Baby Bjorn. I have decided that this month is "Make Camden Fall in Love with his Stroller" month. I'm planning on bringing it up from the garage and practicing by pushing him around the house in it. I think he just needs to warm up to it... I'll update you on the progress.
3. Pants
Yes, my kid hates pants... sleeves... and basically anything more than being completely naked. His favorite place is the changing table. When you take his diaper off, he acts like he just won the jackpot! Sprawling out his chunky legs and arms, he lays there cooing and giggling. A lot of people complain that their babies hate for their diaper to be changed...changing diapers is an event for my sweet baby!
When we go places, I don't put his pants on until we get there because he gets soooo hot when he has his crying bouts in the car seat. I call him my little "heat conductor." The child goes around in a short-sleeve onesie at home because he gets too hot when I put pants on him. I am well aware of the stares I get from the older ladies in town when I show up places, and my child is only wearing a short-sleeve shirt and pants while it's 35 degrees outside! I've even had comments like "That poor baby doesn't have enough clothes on!" or the passive comments to him like "Did your mama not put a coat on you?" ... but it is a nightmare if he has both long sleeves AND pants on at the same time!!! I just want to say, "I can't help it! My kid hates pants!!! I put a blanket over him and a hat on him when we are outside... I'm not a bad mother!!!!" Instead, I just smile and walk on... my friend Jill has a great quote-"You can't reason with the unreasonable." Over the last couple of years, I have reminded myself of this quote quite a bit, and it keeps me from trying to explain or respond to a number of things said around me.
2.Stoplights
Just when you think he might make it through the car ride without crying... we hit a stop light. I think it reminds him that he is, in fact, still in his car seat and remembers how much he hates it once again! The "quick gas and break" method while sitting at a stoplight does not work either. Not only does Camden know that we are still at a stop light, but it also freaks out the poor old lady in the car behind us.
And the #1 thing that Camden thinks is "not cool"...
1. Car Seat
This has been an ongoing battle that has progressed into an all-out war. We have tried just about everything to make it a more comfortable experience for Camden. Adjusting straps, taking out needless padding, adding toys, subtracting toys, adding a mirror, me sitting in the backseat with him, adding blankets, taking away blankets... you name it, we've tried it. Any of these might appease him for a few minutes, but he will ultimately remind you that he and his car seat are mortal enemies! We're hoping that he and the next car seat will be a little friendlier to each other.
Camden's "Das Da Bomb!" Top 5 coming soon...

No comments:
Post a Comment