Monday, March 5, 2007

The Numbers are In...

Me and My Little Man at 4 months
Cam thinks his daddy is pretty funny!
Thanks Aunt Amie for taking pictures of us!

Camden's 4 month appt was today at 9:00am, and we almost didn't make it. He woke up at 5am, so I fed him and put him back to bed. I thought I had set the alarm to wake me up at 8:00, but I was sure that my other little alarm (Camden) would wake me up sooner than that. Well, both alarms failed because I woke up and the clock read 8:38. *sigh* Why can't we ever be on time to anything??? I brushed my teeth and hair, grabbed some random clothing, and ran to the nursery to wake him up. I also had Gracie running back and forth to the different rooms with me, biting my heels, thinking that this was a pretty fun game. It was 8:45, so I thought I could feed him some, but he was still in sleepy mode and wouldn't eat fast enough. I was going to make a fabulous impression-He didn't have breakfast, a bath (Camden's hair was even more out of control than usual), and I didn't even get him out of his jammies...I did at least change his diaper before heading off. We rushed into the office at 9:04. Not too bad considering... but I was so wanting to be on time for once... and a shower before going would have been nice. Camden didn't really seem to care how he looked because as soon as I took off his sleeper to get weighed, he was all smiles. The nurse put him on the scale, and I crossed my fingers and prayed that he weighs under 20 pounds... and he does... barely...
19 lbs 8 oz 26.5 inches

Yes, my baby is basically off the charts in height and weight. He is exactly in the 95th percentile in weight. Height? Well, apparently they can't really measure anything beyond the 95th percentile, so he is off the charts. Dr. McQ says that he is just a healthy boy. I told him people use "healthy" as a polite way of saying that someone "needs to shed a few pounds". He promised that wasn't the case, and he is not at all concerned. He is still promising that Camden will even out around a year old. He did make a comment on Camden's hair and asked if it was the new style. I explained to him that we were both having bad hair days. Camden also got his shots, and he was not a happy boy, but it didn't take him long to calm down. He's filled up with Tylenol right now and will hopefully be napping for most of the day today.

Camden also had a pretty big day yesterday. He rolled over! He rolled from his back to his belly. He's been trying to do it for a couple of weeks now, but he has trouble on the "push off". I went in to get him from his nap yesterday afternoon, and I always roll him on his back to talk to him before picking him up. We played there for a second, and he looked like he was trying pretty hard, so I yelled for Aaron to come into the nursery. A couple of minutes later, we were cheering him on, and he finally did it! I thought this was going to take months because little man has a lot of weight to lift, but he did it! He is nowhere near rolling from his stomach to his back, so I'm not holding my breath for that anytime soon.

1 comment:

Betsy said...

HI Cam- it was great spending the day with you yesterday...I can hardly wait for the summer when we can play together outside. You'll have to come and check out my cool pool.

-Sam