March Madness has arrived, which means my husband and TV will be endangered species for the next month. March Madness is one long holiday for Aaron. He is even taking off in the afternoon the next two days to ring in the tournament. His brackets are due tomorrow and last year the pot was $500, so anyone who wants to chip in $5 and email him a bracket, you have until tomorrow at noon. I am surprisingly fairly good at filling out brackets. I always seem to get in the top 15, which is pretty good for someone who only watches OSU basketball... don't even get me started about them this year... Anyways, I do have a process to filling one out, and it actually doesn't consist of what team is wearing my favorite colors (besides-Duke is a 6 seed, so blue or not, they are not going to get too far.) I could use the cash too because Extreme Homemaker at the McDonald household is in full swing.
We decided to update our kitchen by redoing the kitchen cabinets and getting black granite counter tops. They definitely need a face lift, and we are still getting estimates. Last week, Aaron was filling in some spaces in the bathroom tile, and he randomly starts tearing down that ghastly purple flower border in the guest bathroom. We have lived here for 3 years, and I have LOATHED that purple border from day one, but we never have had the energy to take it down and repaint. Well, it's gone, and I can't believe I grew complacent enough to leave it on my wall for the last three years. Later that evening... the built in desk and bookshelves in the hallway next to the kitchen have been kind of useless because the shelf sits too low for a computer screen... so Aaron takes a hammer and knocks down the lowest shelf... so we're are painting yet ANOTHER room. We are also tiling these rooms. Chandra and I went to look at paint colors on Saturday, and I got them today. Oh... Chandra... I now have a green bathroom... and I don't know if even I can pull this off. It's in that "iffy" stage right now, but we'll see when the next coat of paint is on. I think Aaron and I may gotten in a little over our heads with our little projects...but you live and learn.
Chandra and Rusty did get to come up on Saturday and stayed until Sunday afternoon. A bunch of us got together because Hannah, Joel, and Jonah were back in town for the weekend. We all went out to eat on Sat night and went back to Clay and Betsy's house for a little get together. It so was much fun! How did Camden do? Well, I spent half of dinner standing up and eating because that was the only way he was content. This one wasn't his fault though because we had to wait an hour to get a table big enough for a party of 12. I was even getting restless, so I can't imagine how he was feeling! Aaron took over when we got to Clay and Betsy's, so he got to hang with the boys because, as usual (like we are at a 6th grade dance) the girls ended up in one room and the guys were in another room. Anyways, it was good to hang out with the Roushs' and Estes' once again. Hannah has a pic of us girls on her blog.
As far as Camden goes, he is a squirmy worm now who likes to roll over from his back to his stomach whenever he can. I'm so excited that he can roll over on his own... but it's a whole different ball game because now I have to pay extra attention to him at the changing table. No longer can I leave him on the play mat and get some things done because within a few minutes, he will have rolled over and become angry because he wants to be on his back again. He is just as precious as ever and has slept through the night for an entire week now! He did wake up one night because he had this terrible runny/stuffy nose, poor baby. He is still a little congested, but I think it's just allergies. I'm hoping he doesn't take after his mama because my allergy/sinus problems are back in full force. The one good side effect of pregnancy was no allergies or sinus headaches. I was puking... but I did not have one headache! The doctors have a good explanation as to why I did not have hardly any sinus pressure during my pregnancy, but it's complicated and I really don't understand it myself. Don't think I am going to go get pregnant again just so I don't have to pop Sudafeds a couple of days a week... all of the bad side effects of pregnancy are still very fresh in my mind! Luckily, I have a couple of years to forget my pregnancy woes before going down that road again.
I will repost with pictures because we have some really cute ones, but I still cannot figure out how to upload them to the right files on the computer. I'll work on that tomorrow along with watching over my chunky baby and painting my bathroom green...
1 comment:
Loved seeing y'all last weekend. Camden is precious!
In re to your comment on my blog: come on, Amanda, can't you just make your own potty congratulatory card for Jonah? you can draw a potty yourself and everything. Get your mad artist skills going and get on that. =)
Post a Comment