Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Not another blog...


Camden and I have decided to create a blog to inform our family and friends of the "going-ons" of the McD family. Now that the holidays are over, maybe,... hopefully... we will have a little more time and quite possibly a SCHEDULE (because I love schedules even though I often detour from them). Camden is now 9 weeks old today! We go to the doctor tomorrow for our two month check-up and shots. At the moment, he is sleeping on my lap in what Aaron calls "The Magic Papoose"-a sling we carry him around in to get him to sleep. He's getting too big for it, so I tried to get him down for a nap without it this morning. After 20 minutes of screaming I broke down and put him in it (I'm learning that parenting is all about choosing your battles.) Two minutes later he's asleep, sigh. At the rate he is going, we maybe have about two weeks left of the sling and then Aaron and I are going to have to get creative.
We have had a crazy 9 weeks! At about two weeks old, Camden began screaming in the evenings and early mornings for hours at a time. I was averaging about 3 hours of sleep every night and beginning to feel like Jack Nicholson from "The Shining". I took him to his check-up, and he was having one of his "spells" while we were there. His doctor confirmed that it was colic, so at least we had some answers. He gave Camden a prescription for a muscle relaxer to help his tummy muscles loosen up and ease the pain. He still has his little "spells" but not nearly as long or as painful. He is nowhere near sleeping through the night, but we will hopefully get there soon! He loves to cuddle and is beginning to smile and giggle often. He went to church for the first time this past Sunday, and he made it through Praise and Worship before he started to get fussy. He does not like to sit in one place! I took him out, and the sermon was just about over by the time I finally got him to sleep! I wanted to wait until he was 3 months old before I left him in the nursery (because of the cold and flu season), so he just has a couple of more weeks until he can play in the nursery with his friend Sam. :-)

No comments: