Thursday, November 1, 2012

LOA!!!!!


Caroline is in school today, so my plans were to finish up the laundry and write Part Two of our Vivi referral story.  After I dropped Caroline off at school, I got a call from my social worker that I have been Out of Translation since our PA Oct 12.  We have been trying to figure out where on earth my paperwork was because my social worker had not gotten an update on where I was in process.  I was beginning to get concerned that my paperwork was in some dusty pile and had not even been touched this entire time. So when Logan called with the news, I was very excited to hear that we had been Out Of Translation for a few weeks.  This meant that I could be just weeks from getting my Letter Of Approval (LOA). 

Fast forward a few hours, my social worker calls back and tells me that the DHL package had arrived from China, and my LOA was with it!!!!!!  Praise God!!!!!!!

What does this mean?

China has officially approved us to be Vivi's parents.  We now have to go through the I-800 process with the United States Immigration office.  Needless to say, no laundry done and no work on Part Two of VIvi's referral because my desk is covered with Immigration forms.  I'm hoping to send these out tomorrow when I get my LOA overnighted to me! 

It looks like we may be spending January in China!!!!!

No comments: