Friday, May 18, 2012

Camden's First X-Ray and The Garage Sale!


Life update #1

We've been unexpectedly busy around here...

Camden had the croup the week before the garage sale.  During that time, Caroline and I had bronchitis, so there was a lot of coughing and sleepless nights for us.

Obviously Camden was feeling better because a few days later he thought it would be a good idea to use a 35in tube TV as a step ladder.  It was on the ground and above it there was a shelf with his toy on it, so it made perfect sense...

until it FELL ON HIM... and I heard him scream like a wild banshee.

After I lifted the TV off of his foot, it took thirty minutes to calm him down.  His foot was already swelling and turning blue. I felt badly for the kid... but I was also a little perturbed.  He tried to pull that stunt a few days before, and Aaron and I had both said, "Do NOT climb on the TV.  You could get seriously hurt!"

I called and made an appointment with Cam's pediatrician while Caroline played nurse and re-adjusted Camden's ice pack over and over... which made him scream some more.  He was fairly calm by the time I took him to the doctor and was almost enjoying himself with the attention of me carrying him or riding in the stroller.. which perturbed me even more because I was not enjoying spending a Friday afternoon waiting in various doctor's offices with a 5-year-old and a 2-year-old (during naptime!)... especially if the 5 year old was about to have a cast on his leg for half the summer. 

Shockingly, this was Camden's first X-Ray experience, and he thought it was 'so cool!'.  To our surprise, his foot was not broken.  Sprained? bruised?  But not broken. Aaron did pick up some interesting information while we were checking out...
Unfortunately, the American Academy of Pediatrics failed to include a section 
on how TVs can be physically harmful to our children...

After Camden finally began hobbling around the house, Aaron left for Houston for the week.  We had the garage sale coming up that Friday and the ShowHope Grant (which was time consuming than a college course) due to mail, and I was handling the stress fairly well until Wednesday... and I *may* have panicked. We had more awesome donations coming in (because our friends totally rock), and I didn't see how I could get everything priced!  Thank the Lord for friends who totally stepped in and helped with the garage sale preparations!  I sent off the ShowHope Grant on Thursday, and the garage sale was ready to go on Friday. 

I wish I had taken pictures of the garage sale, but people were already ringing my door bell 45 minutes before the garage sale was supposed to begin (!?!?)  and by the time we opened it up, we were super busy.  We stayed busy for both days and sold so much stuff!!!

Our Grand Total?

$2,270.25!!!!!

How cool is that!?!  This will cover our agency fee when we send the dossier!

Aaron and I are seriously overwhelmed by everyone's support!  Thank you guys so much for everything you've done to help bring Baby Mcd#3 home!  Thank You. Thank You. Thank You. We are so incredibly blessed!


1 comment:

megan k said...

maybe it's hormones but this made me teary... the great garage sale number. I know you already told me but it made me teary reading the whole story of how busy you guys were :)