Friday, May 25, 2012

Great Wolf Lodge and Mother's Day!


A few days after the garage sale, Jill, my best friend since 1st grade, called and told me her husband had to miss their family vacation because of work, so she asked if the kids and I would be their guests last minute and go to Great Wolf Lodge with them the next week.  Um yeah!  It just so happened to be right before our I-800A biometrics appointment and we could easily come down a few days earlier to make the trip. She even upgraded the room to the Kids Cabin suite, so we would have more room!

So off we went.  Jill and I with our four kiddos... in the same car... in the same hotel room.  We knew it was going to be crazy, but we knew the kids would have a blast!

and they did...


have so much fun...


doing everything together.


They thought the bunk bed was so cool...



and their little cabin had it's own TV....with cable?!? 


Caroline got some much-needed girly time with Nora.


Camden rode down this slide without little coxing.

This is a huge deal because he is a little sensory sensitive... and he did not think going down a big slide with water splashing in his face was a good idea.  I don't push him to do things he isn't comfortable with, so I just stood there and watched him assess the situation.  He watched Nora ride it several times before he decided to try it.  and he LOVED it.  and did it again. and again. We've been talking a lot about bravery and trying thing even though we may be afraid, so I'm so proud of him for trying it!


This little girl stuck to the fountains and loved it! 

 The odd thing is we have already been to the Splash Pad several times before and after this trip... and she refuses to get near those fountains.  She will literally sit on my lap the whole time to watch everyone else play.  (Splash Pad snob, maybe?)


Great Wolf Lodge had every convenience possible for us to easily wrangle four kids at a water park and resort. There was even a Starbucks on site for Jill and I.  Amen.


Thank you Jill, Nora, and Taylor for taking us on such a great trip!
We had so much fun!!!



After we got back to OKC and met up with Aaron, we celebrated with our mamas on Mother's Day since we needed to be there anyway for our biometrics the next day.  Aaron and the kids gave me an awesome gift card, so my mama took me shopping, walked miles through the outlet mall, and patiently waited in several fitting rooms while I tried on clothes and complained how everything was a coral color this year, and coral is SO not my color! She's cool like that.

For her Mother's Day gift, I supplied her with Season Two of Downton Abbey on DVD...

because she went through the first season DVD I bought her in less than 24 hours...

 because we all know it's that addicting.

She's determined to save it until her school year is over, but I'm hoping she waits until I'm in town so we can discuss O'Brien's inner struggles together!





No comments: