Camden started Karate in February! He LOVES it and is having so much fun! I'm loving that Karate is indoors and has an upstairs waiting area with a window looking on to the dojo. I totally feel like Dance Moms when I'm looking down watching him...
except there are no competitive moms.
or moms who are living out their dream vicariously through their children.
and we all know I'm not living out my dream because my vast knowledge of karate comes from watching The Karate Kid and reading the Ralph Macchio cover stories in Tiger Beat in the '80s.
But sometimes I feel left out and try to act like I know what I'm talking about. I'll shout out random phrases to Camden on his way in to class like, Hey Cam, don't forget! Strike First! Strike Hard! No Mercy, Sir! From the looks he gives me, I'm guessing his teacher doesn't ever use that phrase... which is just a shame if you ask me.
Anyway, Camden had his first belt test last weekend. The kids line up and go through the moves they have learned.
*warning* we all know I'm not one of those cute photographers. My pictures come from my phone, or the kiddos are moving too much. For the belt test, there was a setting sun blaring through a room filled with mirrors. There was no hope for me and my camera, but I did the best I could.
Camden before his test. He was excited and a little nervous, but he did great!
He had no idea the coolest part was yet to come. During their belt test, they get to break a board! Cool, huh? When Camden did his practice hit on the bag, his teacher almost fell over, so she decided to upgrade the board to a bigger size. She pulled out the bigger size and counted...one...two...three...
Ki Hap! Little man yelled and broke through the board first try.
He was so excited, and we all cheered for him!
Homeboy received a white belt with a green stripe.
He skipped two belts because he's cool like that.
After his belt test, we celebrated with his favorite food, Chinese.
Good job, Little Man! We loved watching you perform your new moves with such confidence! Even your sister was so proud of you and your super hero toughness...
There is no fear in this Dojo!





1 comment:
Way to go!!
Post a Comment