Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Holiday Run Down Part One of Two

The whole 'update every day until I'm caught up' didn't work.  There IS a big fat giant reason for that though.  I've been up to my ears in paperwork.  Lots and lots of paperwork.  I made the big announcement on facebook a couple of weeks ago, but I'm going to have to wait until the end of the week to post it on here. *crawling back in my paperwork hidey-hole*


Thanksgiving 2011
Pictures are scarce with this one.  We went to the Reese Family Thanksgiving held at Aaron's grandparents church.  The kids had a lot of fun, and their favorite part was the pinata.

 Caroline eyeing the Pinata

Having a little difficulty with the very large pole


Camden swinging like a mad man


I believe Camden's favorite part was the hitting... not the actual candy grabbing.  
He grabbed a few things, but he wasn't toppling over everyone... thank goodness.


That's it for the Reese Thanksgiving... other than a bunch of pictures of a bunch of boys with handguns from the skeet shoot (Thank you, husband.)  After we left Northern Oklahoma, we headed in to OKC.  The cousins were excited to see each other and decorate G-ma and Pops Christmas tree.

 Caroline and Emily getting some cousin lovin'

Addison Lynlee looking just like her mama although she has her Auntie's dramatics and love for shoes. Yes, the girls are all matching. My sis and I are cool like that.  Cam usually has on the same colors as well (except for pink).


 My Little Man is becoming quite the Christmas tree decorator

 Pops surprised Caroline with her first Rapunzel doll,
feeding in to her already out-of-control Tangled obsession.


Cam asked to take a picture with his momma.  I happily obliged.


Our Christmas Tree

Comparing Camden's hand from two years ago.


The lower half of the tree looked beautiful!


My12 Days of Christmas ornaments.  I was trying to go in order and teach the kids the whole song.  They weren't so patient about it.


Mom and Dad getting a quick pic together, which is rare!


 Advent Calendar Fun
Christmas Movies
We had several movie nights.  Camden's favorite is hands-down Prep and Landing.  
They came out with a second Prep and Landing movie this year, and he is equally impressed.  Caroline likes Mickey's Twice Upon a Christmas because Daisy and Minnie ice skate with Ballerina hippos.


Santa Letters

Camden's Letter

Dear Santa,
I Love you, Santa.  How do the reindeers work?*  I want a big penguin submarine.  I like you, Santa.  How do the elves make toys, Santa?  How do you use the coal gun to put coal in the stocking?  I don't want coal.  I like the Winter Wonderland elves and Dasher the Reindeer.  He's fast.  Thank you for the submarine, Santa.
Love, Camden

 *his grammatical error, not mine!


Caroline's Letter
After Camden's letter, we asked Caroline what she wanted to tell Santa.

Caroline:  I want a Tangled Doll.
Me:  Okay, is there anything else you want to tell Santa?
Caroline:  Hm. I want a Tangled Doll.
Me:  I know Caroline, but is there anything else?  Camden said some nice things about Santa, and he asked some questions.  Don't you want to mention the elves or say something nice?
Caroline:  Hm. I want a Tangled Doll.
Me:  Okay, is there anything else we should say when someone has done something nice?
Caroline:  Hmmmm....  I want a Tangled Doll.  Thank you. 

 Dear Santa,
I want a Tangled Doll.  Thank you!
Love, Caroline

Little Miss gets straight to the point!  We'll just have to work on our letter writing skills next Christmas.


Baking Fun!
We made Gingerbread Men decorations out of Applesauce and Cinnamon


G-ma came up for some Gingerbread Man decorating
and reading of Jan Brett's Gingerbread Baby



No comments: