In January, we had only five days of a healthy home. I was sick... Aaron was sick... Caroline was sick... then Camden was crazy sick... Gracie was sick (kid you not)...then Caroline had a random short virus... then I had a cold (going on eight days now)... then Aaron got the cold... then Caroline caught the cold... and here we are at present time.
May I also mention that we were snowed in for approx ten days in January
and Camden only went to pre-school three times because of snow and insanely high fevers
and we have spent all of the February snowed in thanks to the 15 inches of snow that is NOT melting in our subzero temperatures...
and we are supposed to get another 5-10 inches of snow on Wednesday?!?!
Lord, Help me!!!!
Each time we buy a car, Aaron and I debate (argue) on certain things. With our Honda, we argued over the V6/Four cylinder option. I thought the V6 was necessary because I wanted to go fast and Aaron said that was ridiculous.
On a side note, I should explain that I have a fascination with fast cars and watching The Fast and the Furious series. I giggle and clap every time I hear they are making a new Fast and the Furious movie(minus that ghastly Tokyo Drift one that didn't star Vin Diesel), and I'm a little giddy that a lot of the previous cast is coming together for the new one. I'm not proud of this... but it is what it is.
Anyway, I wanted my V6, and Aaron said I would never need to go that fast, AND it wasted gas mileage. I supported his decision, and when we take the Honda on long trips, I acknowledge that we was right about the whole gas mileage thing. A few years later, I told Aaron that his 1991 Explorer that does not go over 65 miles an hour was an unsafe vehicle for my precious baby boy, we went car shopping again. We chose a Trailblazer, and this time the debate was whether or not to get a four wheel drive. The four wheel drive option was obvious to me, but Aaron argued that we wouldn't use it enough, and it got less gas mileage. I reluctantly supported his decision. After a few snows in Oklahoma, we moved to sunny South Texas. All was well.
Then we moved back...
and here I am stuck in my house because my sporty lookin' Trailblazer is useless with it's rear wheel drive.
I got out for the first time in six days to make a grocery run before the next major snow, and I had to drive the Honda because of it's front real drive. This, my friends, is ridiculous. By the end of the year, we are planning on buying a real family SUV with captains' chairs and a coveted third row seat. I'm excited. I am NOT excited that Aaron thinks the four wheel drive option is still a debate. Seriously!?!
Dear husband,
If you would like a sane wife next winter, choose four wheel drive.
Love, wife
No comments:
Post a Comment