Paige and Lizzie surprised the kids with this...
Isn't this fun?!?Paige dragged this thing (came folded up in a giant box) all the way from Dallas to Bartleville. The kids love it, and despite it being made out of cardboard, it has held up remarkably well. Not one piece has been ripped yet! (If you know Captain Destructo Camden, you know what I'm talking about!)
Christmas Eve
'and the children were all nestled and snug in their beds...'The poem makes it sound so simple, right? It fails to mention a HYPER-HYPO four year old boy who bounces on the furniture and tackles little baby girls because they are SO excited for Christmas morning. Camden was absolutely crazy with excitement... so much so that I told Aaron to get him to bed because he was going to turn me into a Grinch from all the havoc he was wreaking.
The cookies may have slipped on the floor a few times because of the bouncy Camden, but we think Santa plays by the three second rule.
Thank goodness Santa doesn't cry over spilled milk. If I had an hour for every time I told Camden to 'Be careful! Settle down!' while carrying that glass of milk... I'd have enough hours to sleep through the night. (Something that is still precious around here.)
We took Camden to Toys-R-Us the day after Halloween since we were already in the 'big city' and didn't know when we would make it back. We let him look at all of the toys and pick out what he wanted Santa to bring him. Aaron and I pointed to a bunch of big toys, but he wasn't too interested. He kept on going back to the Imaginext 'Eagle Jet'. Of all the toys in Toys R Us, my kid picks out one that costs less than $15... and he was in love with it. I love that kid.
I decided to get Caroline a kitchen even though she is still a little small to enjoy it fully. Camden still likes to play 'Chef', and I wanted to get one while he still enjoyed playing with kitchens. I wanted to get a gender neutral for the reason above, and they were a little hard to find. I enlisted Aaron's help in the search of a perfect kitchen for Caroline. What does he pick out? The girliest, pinkest, prettiest kitchen I have ever seen. I love that man. The kitchen was adorable... but not necessarily gender neutral. We decided on this one instead.
Our stockings were a little too heavy to hang with care.Caroline's is the new one this year. My mom and I searched for a sugar plum fairy or ice skater knit pattern since the moment we found out we were having a girl, and we finally found one! My mom knitted this one in two weeks, complete with tulle, pink shiny beads, and laced ballet slippers. It's absolutely perfect for Caroline.
Christmas Morning!!!
I don't think Camden slept most of the night because WE had to wake him up at 7:30! Caroline was awake before him, which rarely happens. After we woke him up, the first thing he wanted to know is if Santa ate his cookies. After he checked the plate, he ran straight to his 'eagle jet'. One of the many reasons why I LOVE this kid? He only had two wrapped gifts to open, and he was SO excited that there were two gifts just for him.
The other gifts were new bible stories and an Imaginext Fire Station that Aaron picked out for him. He loved it!
The Little Miss had two gifts wrapped up for her too. The first gift she opened was a dolly I picked out for her last Spring on the website BabybeBlessed. The waiting list is usually a few months, and they finish taking Christmas orders in September, so I'm so glad I ordered her when I did! I picked her hair color/style, outfit colors, skin color, etc. to look like Caroline. They then personalize it with her name and a bible verse that I picked out- Jeremiah 29:11.
Caroline loves her and has adopted her as the new 'drag-along' toy along with her blanket 'bay'.
Dolly also got a new bed. We brought down my old baby cradle from my parent's attic, painted it white, and I made bedding for it from some extra fabric I had in my scraps pile. We'll paint her name on it soon, but she didn't seem to care it wasn't on there yet. The baby doll quilt is from our sweet friend, Misty, in Katy. Misty gave that to Caroline when she was just three weeks old. Can we just take a moment to remember the absolute sweetness of a baby Caroline?
I still think she is a teeny tiny baby until I see pictures of these... and then I watch her putting this quilt on her baby doll... and then I scoop her up, rock her, and pretend she will always be this size.
Back to Christmas...
After we cleaned up and ate breakfast, we drove to OKC for several days of family fun! The kids were completely spoiled with so many fun things! Aaron and I fall into the 'spoiled' category too. We had such a nice quiet Christmas, and can I just say how nice it was to NOT drive eight hours with two kids this year!?! So. incredibly. nice.
I don't think Camden slept most of the night because WE had to wake him up at 7:30! Caroline was awake before him, which rarely happens. After we woke him up, the first thing he wanted to know is if Santa ate his cookies. After he checked the plate, he ran straight to his 'eagle jet'. One of the many reasons why I LOVE this kid? He only had two wrapped gifts to open, and he was SO excited that there were two gifts just for him.
The other gifts were new bible stories and an Imaginext Fire Station that Aaron picked out for him. He loved it!
The Little Miss had two gifts wrapped up for her too. The first gift she opened was a dolly I picked out for her last Spring on the website BabybeBlessed. The waiting list is usually a few months, and they finish taking Christmas orders in September, so I'm so glad I ordered her when I did! I picked her hair color/style, outfit colors, skin color, etc. to look like Caroline. They then personalize it with her name and a bible verse that I picked out- Jeremiah 29:11.Caroline loves her and has adopted her as the new 'drag-along' toy along with her blanket 'bay'.
Dolly also got a new bed. We brought down my old baby cradle from my parent's attic, painted it white, and I made bedding for it from some extra fabric I had in my scraps pile. We'll paint her name on it soon, but she didn't seem to care it wasn't on there yet. The baby doll quilt is from our sweet friend, Misty, in Katy. Misty gave that to Caroline when she was just three weeks old. Can we just take a moment to remember the absolute sweetness of a baby Caroline?
I still think she is a teeny tiny baby until I see pictures of these... and then I watch her putting this quilt on her baby doll... and then I scoop her up, rock her, and pretend she will always be this size. Back to Christmas...
my kids sure know how to make a BIG mess!!!
After we cleaned up and ate breakfast, we drove to OKC for several days of family fun! The kids were completely spoiled with so many fun things! Aaron and I fall into the 'spoiled' category too. We had such a nice quiet Christmas, and can I just say how nice it was to NOT drive eight hours with two kids this year!?! So. incredibly. nice.




2 comments:
Great update, girl! It's been way too long since I've visited your blog. Caroline is getting SO big!!
Awwwwww...Sweet that she still plays with her blanket!! And with her BBB doll. I gave Cara a baby doll blanket with her name on it this year when Anna was born, and she uses it for her BBB doll too! :)
Post a Comment