Tuesday, March 2, 2010

So Many Changes... So Little Time!

My babies have started interacting A LOT. Caroline totally digs the Little Man.
They seem to understand one another. It's precious and unexpectedly my favorite part of having two kiddos.


Moving Update


Last October the 'powers that be' informed Aaron that we would most likely be in Houston for at least another two years. I was devastated. We love Katy, our friends, and our church, but this was the same time I had a non-sleeping RSV Caroline and a Swine Flu Camden... with no family around for support. We were worn out from the last few months of baby drama and would have really liked to move closer to family. It took a little time but we got ourselves used to being Texans for a while longer and were excited about what God had in store for us here in Katy. In mid-January it was confirmed that we would be staying here. This is why we were so shocked to find out just a few days later that there was a job waiting for Aaron in Bartlesville, and his starting date was slated for mid-March.

We have mixed feelings about moving back. On one hand, we are excited to be closer to family. On the other hand, we have made a home here in Katy and love it. I actually cried when Aaron told me about the job. (Of course, I cried when he told me that we would be here for another two years too.) This was not an easy decision for us, but it is a great opportunity, and we feel that God has opened a big door with this move.

So... we're moving. There are some moments when I am really excited about heading back, and there are other times that I can't even fathom leaving here. Frankly, there are some people here that I don't know how I can live without. We'll miss our church, friends, and (of course) our HEB Plus. This girl is going to get a big dose of humility when I have to start shopping at Wal-Mart again. It will be so great to be near family and not suffer the nine hour drive anymore!

We have a contract on a house in Bartlesville, and I have probably not spent more than 15 minutes in it. Our first option fell through, so we went with our back-up option, and I think it's going to work out even better. I just wish I had spent a little more time in it or at least taken some pictures! We will close on it this week and already have people lined up to do some renovations before we move in. We are basically picking out the flooring and paint colors without even remembering specifics about each room, but I have a peace about everything working out. If the the paint colors clash with the carpet, I'll deal with it. (By dealing with it, I mean asking Aaron to paint it another color.)

Miss Caroline has also been busy!

She started rolling over both ways...

This was the first time to make it from her back to her tummy. The Little Miss was very proud of herself! I was very proud of myself for getting a shot of her cute little bum crack sticking out of her cloth diaper.


Sitting up like a big girl...
This was her first time to sit up by herself! She crashed a few seconds later, but we all cheered her on anyway! She is much more content playing now that she can sit up.


Eating big girl food!

Cereal was a lost cause with Camden, so I decided to bypass it and go straight for the veggies. I had a bag of peas in the freezer, so I thought I would be brave and give them a try.

Caroline wasn't a huge fan with that decision...

The next day I bypassed the peas and roasted a Butternut Squash for her. She was much obliged. For those who are curious about me making my own baby food- I steam or roast the veggies, blend them with a little water if necessary, and then pour the baby food into ice cube trays. I freeze the baby food and then dump the baby food cubes into ziploc baggies. One cube is equivalent to about one ounce.


Baby Dedication
We dedicated the Little Miss on Valentine's Day. She was still on breathing treatments from the RSV, but she was still a sweetie the whole morning. We felt that it was important to dedicate Caroline at Kingsland because it has been our second family the last two years. We are so going to miss Pastor Alex and our ABF.


The Little Miss is such a happy little girl these days even though she's been sick for several weeks now. The poor thing cannot kick the after effects of RSV. She's still a little congested, and I'm just going to live in denial and decide this is why she is still getting up in the middle of the night.


My Little Man

This guy spends his days making the Little Miss laugh.
His last day of pre-school was last week. If I was a good mom I would have brought treats or at least a card to the teacher, but I didn't have the time or energy. Camden's monster hugs to all of the teachers had to suffice. We've explained (as best as possible) to Camden how we are going to be living in a different house very soon. He has taken it upon himself to decide that our house is 'broke' and this is the reason for the move. When we talk about the new house he has to remind me that 'it's not broke, mom.' We've also explained that we're moving to Oklahoma where Cousin Addi lives, and he says 'but it's far far away!' This doesn't mean much because Chick-Fil-A is also 'far far away', and it's just a mile from our house here in Katy.


These are his favorite shoes right now because he can stomp around and scare Gracie dog. These are my favorite shoes because he can pull them on all.by.himself. He wears these a lot even with no rain in the forecast, and I encourage it. Yellow goes with everything, right?

1 comment:

Heather said...

My feelings exactly! We're still adjusting, the lack of a church home is killing me, but we'll get there. Hope you have a smooth move!!