It's been a while, and there are a lot of reasons... To-Do lists, garage sales, Crazy Little Man, OKC trip... and here's the best one... broken computer! I kid you not! Our new computer crashed a couple of weeks ago. This is computer #3 in the last year. Good news is that we have finally figured out why our mother boards keep crashing, and we will (hopefully) never see this problem again. Did you know that a graphics card could get so hot it could fry your mother board? Neither did we. The mother board was still on warranty (thank goodness!) but we had to mail it in and have yet to get it back.
Here's what else has been going on this last month...
Operation: PINK! is well underway. While the Little Man and I were in OKC, Aaron painted the nursery a very soft shade of pink. I'm hoping that it is going to be soft enough to not look like I sprayed Pepto Bismol all over the nursery when everything is in place. We have not switched over the Little Man yet, so yes he is sleeping in a pink room... sorry buddy! Fabric is cut for the curtains, bedskirt is pinned and ready to be sewn, and the bumper is done! The biggest news is that we have a chandelier!!!!! Thanks to Chandra for offering an old chandelier they replaced when they bought their house and to Rusty for digging it out of the attic! I called Aaron when I left the Roushes' and told him not to worry because we have a chandelier! He held back his excitement. I then told him what needed to be done with it, and he really held back his excitement. He's been a trooper through the chandelier renovation process, but today when I suggested that we go ahead and hang the finished product, he hesitated in taking the fan down. I think I'm going to have to give a memorial service for the fan if I ever want the chandelier to go up. Maybe I can talk him into it this week...
Operation: PINK! got another surprise while we were in OKC. My girlfriend Jill recently welcomed her own Little Man into the family, and she also has a 3-year-old daughter, Nora. It just so happens that Nora was born in June and Little Man Taylor was born this last November. Since my Little Man is a Halloween birthday and Caroline will be born in July, we thought it would be perfect to just switch our boy and girl clothes. I brought my Little Man's old stuff to her, and she gave me Nora's.
How much fun is this? I don't know which is more ridiculous... that I'm not due until July and her closet is already full... or that I've already laundered, ironed, and organized it by size. The drawers are filled with onesies and sleepers too.
Another friend Jill, my sister's longtime girlfriend, was going to put all of her little girl stuff in the OKC consignment sale, and she let me go through them first, pick out what I wanted, and sold it to me minus the consignor price. I was educated on little girl designer brands like Baby Lulu and Le Top (oh my word their stuff is adorable) and the best part was that I paid less than $10 an outfit. Thank you Jills!!!! Miss Caroline is going to be one well-dressed little lady! I've also decided that it is a lot easier to dress a Little Man than a little girl. Bloomers, bows, tights, hats... who knew things could get so complicated?
Operation: Big Boy Room is also going strong, and the Little Man should be in his new room by the end of this week. I've tried to prep Camden for the move, so I'm hoping it will go smoothly. I have yet to implement Operation: Boxer Briefs yet because frankly I'm too afraid to begin. I've decided to make the room moves and then begin potty training. (I know I can't put this off forever... although I kind of wish I could.)
As if we didn't have enough on our plate, Angela and I decided to join in a 'garage sale' last Saturday. Our neighborhood bans garage sales, so the local high school picks one day a year when you can 'rent' a parking space and sell your stuff in it. Ridiculous, right? We had to transfer anything we wanted to sell to the school at six in the morning. It also happened to be the coldest and windiest day of the entire year. Angela and I wore our winter coats, hats, and gloves for probably the first time all winter! I made some cash though and decided to add it to Camden's Disney Extravaganza fund. Little Man won't make it to see the real Buzz for another couple of years, but we're hoping to raise all of the funds by piggy banks, garage sales, etc. Have I mentioned that Aaron has been channeling Dave Ramsey this year? That's a whole post on it's own.
Did I mention Aaron was in Bville on a business trip during all of this?
A few hours of napping and three HUGE blisters later, we both had collected ourselves as best we could. Camden got to watch 'Buzz' twice that day and eat whatever he wanted for dinner (crackers). The burns are finally healing, and I'm happy to say that now every time I warn Camden that something is hot, he jumps back and yells "Hot! OUCH!" and points to his finger. It's like we had a 'Helen Keller at the Well' moment when the teacher places Helen's hand on her cheek and nods 'Yes!' Finally he gets it!!!
In Pregnant Girl news, I am finally starting to show at 24 weeks. When I went in last week, the doctor had a few concerns and decided to do another complete ultrasound. I'm measuring fine, and everything still looks great. Yay! Caroline is fine... and baby is definitely a Caroline! I asked my doctor to double check and make sure that baby was still a girl, and we have another 100% confirmation on the girly parts!
I also have found the best sweat pants ever! They are the yoga pants at Old Navy, and they are like buttah! I almost went back and bought another pair but in an effort to work on my appearance in public, I restrained myself. Thankfully, my sister hooked me up with all of her maternity clothes, so I can rid my wardrobe of the OSU hoodie and bella band. I see now that I was using them as a crutch during a really difficult time. I'm not letting go of my yoga pants though. You can't make me.
2 comments:
Poor little man and poor mama! Every time I iron, I think about that happening. Awful! So have you been over to Doodles Boutique in Rice Village yet? That is the most dangerous store I've ever been in.
Ok, I have lots of thoughts...
1. My sister-in-law and I have the same kind of exchange going with baby clothes. I send Jonah's to my nephew, and Parker receives my niece's, and it is WONDERFUL. Parker's wardrobe is SET through high school graduation, pretty much. She'll always be getting cute clothes passed down! I'm loving it. You'll like that so much.
2. I'm now working on Joel to replace the ceiling fan in OUR bedroom with a chandelier. I never thought it possible, but I think I've made some progress recently. We'll see what happens. The chandelier in Caroline's room will grow on Aaron, I'm sure. Once he has that little girl in his arms, all the girly stuff will appeal to him so much more. It's SO fun to watch a daddy go through that transition. Precious!
3. I like Dave Ramsey. A lot.
4. I'm working on some scheduling things and will be emailing all of you "old" Bible study friends about meeting up at my house for a weekend and going to Canton. BEFORE your baby comes!! When is your due date again?
Post a Comment