Sunday, April 26, 2009

How The McD's are Surviving Without A Computer... and Easter pics

We still don't have a working computer at our house. The new motherboard they sent us turned out to be refurbished and BROKEN, so we had to ship it back and are waiting for them to send us a new one. Obviously we are not meant to have a computer right now, but why??? Perhaps to curb my online baby boutique 'window' shopping so I won't drool over all of the adorable Trumpette socks and Baby Leg styles? Or so I won't casually flip to realtor.com to peek at houses for sale in Bartlesville ? Ohhh... the dream of not having to drive eight hours to see family. We love living in Katy, but we HATE the drive. (No, we have absolutely NO knowledge of another move, but most ConocoPhillips wives are guilty of house searching every now and then... even if they don't admit it to their husbands.)

Anyway... what has been most neglected is my blogging. I have had quite a few stories to share but no outlet. There's no way to tell all of them now, but here would have been some titles of those posts...

Operation Pink... Just Got WAY too Pink!
(Not loving the paint color, but it's too late now.)


If You Ever Wondered How To Get Half of a Bottle of Laundry Detergent Out of the Carpet, Read On!
(Little Man instructs how to dump the detergent, while Aaron gives a tutorial on how to clean it up.)


How Many More Excuses Can Camden's Mommy Give for Putting Off Potty Training?
The Answer: A LOT!



How To Successfully Fail Your Glucose Test

(This will hopefully be followed with How To Take the Three Hour Test and NOT Pass Out post.)


The First Time I Ever Got In My Car and Cried because Little Man's Behavior was SO Embarrassing.

I went home and called my friend to tell her about my 'first', and she lovingly responded with "Welcome, friend. We've been waiting for you." She then assured me that this would be the first of many times to come.

Corvette Guy's Shirt is Off Again and the Bi-Weekly Car Washes Are Back On, which can only mean one thing... It's Officially Spring Here at the McD's house!
(It has also become abundantly clear that he shaves his legs WAY more often than I do. I'm only slightly embarrassed by this.)

Things a Hormonal Pregnant Woman Should Not Do
The list would have included reading The Shack, watching Natalie Grant's In Better Hands Video, and trying to sell my sweet baby boy's crib bedding.


Now for some Easter news... because I couldn't leave that out!


Easter festivities began the week before when we went to our playgroup's Easter party hosted by Valerie, who was very brave to host a playgroup party because although she is in the midst of the first trimester evilness, she willingly let twenty little kids come over to destroy her house. Bless you, Valerie. The activity for the party was for the kiddos to plant a flower in their own little pot. I chose to do this toward the end of the party because I knew the Little Man would not part with 'flower' once he planted it.
Sure enough I brought him over to the table, showed him the flower, and barely got a few instructions in when Little Man dove into the potting soil. He generously shoveled the dirt into his special pot while allowing me to gently place the flower in it's spot. He then poured even more dirt all over the pot, flower, me, and my black sandals. I explained to him how we were done planting, but this was his special flower to take home with him. That was all that was needed to be said. My proud Little Man wrapped both chubby arms around his pot and only let go when I convinced him that Flower needed to sit shot gun with me in the car.


After we had to have a heart-to-heart discussion on how flowers don't take naps with little boys, Camden settled for Flower taking a nap outside. When he woke up, Flower immediately took its spot with Camden in the kitchen, and they both watched me cook dinner.

Camden has spent the last couple of weeks loving on Flower, and mommy has spent the last couple of weeks trying to keep Flower alive.

Coloring Egg Fun!
Camden obviously favored the blue dye.


He was SO proud of his eggs and kept asking to see them after we were done.


The Little Man literally up to his elbows in blue dye goodness.
He loved every second of it!



We had a quiet Easter Sunday here at the McD house. We chose to stay in Houston, away from family for the first time. On Sunday morning, we went to church with Camden dressed in his Easter outfit.

The golf clubs stayed at home.


After lunch and nap, the sun came out, Camden hunted Easter eggs in the backyard. It was a little sad that he was hunting eggs all by himself, but the Little Man became so competitive towards the end that I was a little glad he was doing this solo. I'm thinking there would have been some pushing and shoving involved if he had been with other kiddos. He was serious about getting those eggs in record time.



Gracie gave Camden some serious competition. Camden had to fight to find the eggs first before Gracie could find them and try to eat them.


Luckily there was only one casualty, and Gracie thought it tasted pretty good.


4 comments:

Hannah E. said...

Oh, I will pray about your glucose test!! I hate those. I have a lot of friends recently who failed the first one and passed the second though. Hopefully you'll be in that category!

Amanda said...

"Welcome friend, we've been waiting for you." LOVE IT! That is so funny. I've left crying more times than I can count. Probably most of them while I was pregnant. I'm giving a big AMEN to your list of things you shouldn't do while prego.

megan k said...

Here is my list of comments for this post. (sorry)

1. i miss when you write
2.i do not know how to get laundry det. out of carpet, but my SIL knows how to get it out of a brand new couch
3.chloe is poop trained but pee pee training is a test i am not willing to give. too hard
4.i failed the first-passed the second.. funny though b/c all that happened with Chloe, my girl, not with Coop... hmmm interesting
5. i cry everyday b/c of chloe's behavior and we aren't in public!
6. i'm awaiting corvette guy stories
7. ok, so natalie grant video.. I think a woman just shouldn't watch it, prego or not!!! GEEZ I hear the song and break out bawling!!! kids do not belong in streets!!
8.you need to get that kid a friend that doesn't require 6-8 hours of sun a day and water. (jk)
9.you are a better mommy than I... we did not tackle the egg dying fiasco this year.. i'm scared it will turn into a fight; me v. chloe
10. you make me laugh

Jennifer said...

Oh dear, I hope that glucose test turns out better! And I hope your computer is fixed soon! Camden is so funny with the flower! I'm sure flower would have loved to take a nap with the Cam man! :) Come 'on mom!