Who was angrier last week: Camden or Tropical Storm Edouard?Camden won, hands down.
He cried...and cried...and then cried some more all last week. Nothing would pacify my poor sweet baby. He wouldn't eat or sleep and was getting up at least three times during the night. The Little Man had a lot going against him: a double ear infection, a molar cutting through, two bottom teeth popping up, a fire ant attack on his hand, a busted lip, etc. He was on antibiotics, Motrin, Orajel, Vicks, saline drops, and hydrocortizone creme (for the fire ant bites)...and none of it helped!
By Tuesday, I felt defeated (and exhausted). My sweet baby had turned into an angry bear, and I knew something was still wrong. After another doctor's trip on Wednesday,we discovered that although the infection in his ears was clearing up, one ear was still filling up with even more fluid, which put a lot of pressure and pain on his ear. My poor baby! The solution? More meds! An antihistamine and Nasonex were added to the drug mix. Little Man had to get feeling better because his Auntie and Gma were arriving for a visit on Thursday, and they couldn't have come at a better time. We needed backup, and I needed my mommy. We had a great visit and Camden got the extra love and attention he needed to feel better! Since he's been on the antihistamine and Nasonex he has slept through the night. Thank the Lord! The Little Man even did a little shopping with us and was all smiles.
In other news, Camden had another haircut a few weeks ago. Surprised I haven't whined about it sooner? Me too. I have come to the conclusion that I will never be satisfied with his haircuts. The poor lady made a valiant effort, but with Little Man's screaming and kicking, she was no match for him. He hasn't been very pleasant during the last few haircuts, and my guess is that he is afraid of another Lloyd haircut. She got about 3/4 of the hair cut done before we called the fight. Other people were beginning to stare. The haircut doesn't look too badly except for his sideburns. Camden now resembles a British rocker. Aaron has inappropriately coined this haircut 'The Gay Beatle'.
I don't have the energy to go back and have them finish the cut,so in the great words of Paul, we are just going to "Let It Be."
Due to Camden's illness, I was so much on survival mode that I hadn't heard anything about Edouard's arrival until Aaron called from work on Monday.
"Have you gone to HEB this morning?" (Monday is typically HEB day.)
"Are you kidding? I'll be lucky if I get a shower in today." (Camden was on super high maintenance mode, and I was on super lack-of-sleep mode.)
"Well I guess there is some hurricane coming, and everybody is rushing to the grocery store to get food and water."
"Fabulous."
There was no way I was going to the store with an angry Little Man; I didn't care how many magic powers HEB had, there wasn't enough magic to make my child sit still (silently), while I braved the masses. In my mind, I was going back to this day, and I never wanted to try that again, especially with a sick Little Man. Aaron came home that evening, and we braved HEB together. For my fellow Oklahomans, picture the grocery store right before an ice storm... but it's 100 degrees outside and people are sweaty and smelly. I got my groceries for the week and added a case of bottled water just in case.
Did I end up needing the bottled water? Of course not. Edouard downsized to a tropical storm, and although we had Houston's famous 'sideways rain', there was no powerful wind.
Camden and Gracie waiting...still waiting...I must say the McDs' were a little disappointed in our first tropical storm.
I'll leave you with a pic of Camden showing off a 'first'. When we were at Target a few weeks ago, I conveniently cut through the children's clothes to get to the diapers. All of a sudden the Little Man started to roar rather loudly. I stopped the cart, and asked "Are you going to be a dinosaur today?" He roared again and then pointed to a clearance rack. I backed up the cart and asked why he was roaring at a bunch of t-shirts. He reached in the rack and grabbed one of the t-shirts. This was the shirt...
I'll leave you with a pic of Camden showing off a 'first'. When we were at Target a few weeks ago, I conveniently cut through the children's clothes to get to the diapers. All of a sudden the Little Man started to roar rather loudly. I stopped the cart, and asked "Are you going to be a dinosaur today?" He roared again and then pointed to a clearance rack. I backed up the cart and asked why he was roaring at a bunch of t-shirts. He reached in the rack and grabbed one of the t-shirts. This was the shirt...
It was the first time Little Man ever picked out something for himself, so we had to get it. It also didn't hurt that it was on clearance for $3.49. My son not only has good taste (blue is his color), but he is also a bargain shopper. I'm so proud!


3 comments:
i LOVE it!! awesome post!!
That just cracked me up! I love Camden's Hair! He looks hip and Aaron will always think hip is "gay"! You had a hard week. I hope Camden is feeling better. I will call you soon to chat!
Chandra
I LOVE your blog, Amanda. Camden is adorable. I think he looks just like you. I hope you have a better week this week . . .
Post a Comment