
The Little Man is down with a double ear infection. He's been running a low-grade fever and acting like an angry elf. I assumed it was because of the third molar cutting through. When green icky stuff started running from his nose on Thursday, I took the cue and paid a visit to the doctor. The ear infection totally explains the FOUR middle-of-the-night wake-ups from two nights ago. It felt like I had a newborn again... and it wasn't pretty.
Right now, I can't sleep because the people next door are having a patio party, but their patio happens to back up to my bedroom.. I saw someone else do the following 'Meme' on their blog. I've never done a 'Meme' before, and I have no Little Man pics to share at the moment, so I might as well answer these questions. The Camden stories end here, so if you are just here for those... this is where you might want to stop reading. Camden Pics and Stories will be back next week.
What were you doing ten years ago?
I had just gotten back from Europe and was totally depressed that I had to begin packing up to go to college and leave my little group of best friends. There was about a dozen of us that had been inseparable for the last two years and half of us were leaving for college. I think we literally spent almost every night hanging out with each other, which made for a lot of great memories.
Favorite Snacks
Whole Grain Cheerios
Mini Pretty in Pink Cupcake from Ooh La La Bakery
Gummy Colas (a specific brand because some are totally gross)
Fruit-this week's fave is blueberries
To Do List
Endless list going back at least two years. I'm so the visual learner, and I LOVE lists. On Sunday nights, I write out a menu for that week's meals. I write out everything I need, and then I re-write the list in order of the layout of the store, so I won't be tempted to venture out and buy stuff not on the list. I make to-do lists, packing lists, cleaning lists, goal lists, etc.
Jobs I have had
Java Joint- ah, the early 90's when Lattes were pronounced Latteys and people would mistake a cappuccino for the ones sold at convenient stores. It was the coolest first job. This was a great place because I got to depart from the bubble everyone lived in at Mustang High School and really experience a great music and art scene while befriending people who were SO completely different than little innocent me. It was an amazing experience and helped shape who I am and how I see people.
Uncommon Grounds- coffee shop in Bricktown OKC. Cool location, not the best coffee, but interesting experience.
American Eagle- my one experience with corporate america and my last (hopefully)
Aspen Coffee Company- Loved this job and it's truly some of the best coffee you will get in the midwest. They even roast the beans on location. I got paid to work with great friends, drink coffee, and have stimulating conversations with random people.
That's me making a mocha! (pic borrowed from Aspen's site.)I would still be working there today (degree or not) if I still lived in Stillwater. Total coolness. There are few things I actually do really well in life and making a kickin' latte is one of them. (I would hope so after six years of perfecting my craft.)
Professional Educator- taught Freshman-Senior English for one INSANE year at an alternative school. After that year, I taught World Literature to Sophomores and fostered future leaders as a Student Council sponsor. I miss my kiddos.
Places I Have Lived
Oklahoma City- No matter where I live, I can always go back to OKC and know exactly where to eat, shop, hang out, etc. I LOVE the fact that I know where everything is and how to get there... because I have absolutely no idea how to get anywhere in Houston besides IKEA, the Galleria, and the airports.
Norman- I spent one year here at an un-named school, and that's all you need to know.
Stillwater- Go Pokes! I love this town, and I cherish the four years spent here at Oklahoma State. You know I am a true fan when I continuously wear a color that completely washes me out. Few people look good in orange, and I ain't one of 'em!
Bartlesville- Fall is coming soon, and I will not be there to see my pretty leaves change colors... and it breaks my heart.
The path around my old neighborhood(pic courtesy of a TravelOk website)
Katy- where they give me a list of flowers that I'm allowed to plant. If I choose a plant not on the list I must get approval from the neighborhood association. Sound a little like Stepford? Pleasantville? The restaurants, pools, shops, cupcakes, Targets, HEB, and Johnny Rocket Cherry Cokes more than make up for this though.
Last Five books I've read
Fast Food Nation- surprisingly interesting read, and I recommend it despite the fact that it makes me want to start my own self-sustaining farm. I'm not a fast food fan anyways (except Chick Fil A) and have not had McDonald's in almost four years (exception: one random fry craving while I was four months pregnant, and I threw it up an hour later, so it doesn't count). Have five minutes to kill, and want to know what totally sicked me out? Click here.
Christ the Lord: Out of Egypt- a recommendation from Baby Bangs. I'm a huge fan of Anne Rice's writing but it was a little dark for me. It's a long story of how she went from writing about Vampires to creating a historical fiction on Jesus Christ but very interesting. Great book and read the author's note before beginning the story.
Christ the Lord: Road at Cana- second book to the series that ends with the miracle at Cana. Highly recommend it too.
Deceptively Delicious- yes, it's a cookbook, but it counts. I've been sneaking mashed up veggies in Camden's food for months, so I thought I might as well use actual recipes in this endeavor.
Mary Queen of Scotland & The Isles- I just checked this one out, and I'm excited about it.
Five Random Things People might not Know
1. I don't like revolving doors.
They totally creep me out. I REALLY freak out if someone gets in the same time I do. I don't know if it's a fear of being stuck, enclosed, tight spaces... who knows. Aaron cracks up every time we approach one because he knows how much I hate them.2. I will not eat or drink anything if it's on or just past the 'sell by' or 'expiration' date. This goes for bread, milk, eggs, cheese, dressings, salsa, chips etc. I don't care if it smells fine and tastes fine... I won't eat it. If I'm not sure about the expiration date on something, I toss it. This is also a reason why I love to clean out other people's fridges ... so I can throw their expired food away.
3. I speak to my dog in French. Gracie knows how to Sit! Stay! and Come! in French. I speak small phrases to Camden too without even realizing it, and he apparently understands them. Looking back, I probably should have taken Spanish, but I never thought I would move to a place where I would need it... like Houston.
4. I am a closet fan of watching old re-runs of Murder She Wrote, Matlock, and Quantum Leap. Pre-baby, I was in heaven when I could watch a Murder She Wrote marathon running on the Hallmark Channel.
A whole day of watching Jessica solve the murderous scandals of Cabot Cove? Priceless.5. I've had a warrant out for my arrest.
It's a long story about a high school girl being pulled over on a Sunday morning on her way to church (with her bible blatantly sitting in the passenger seat, I might add) by a mean cop who gave her a ticket because her new convertible's temporary tags were on the front windshield (put there by the dealer), and they were supposed to be on the back windshield (even though it was a convertible!!!) She thought the ticket was taken care of...
Flash forward three months later to the same girl in a telephone booth in Geneva, Switzerland checking in with her sister back in the USA. She finds out that not only has her license been suspended for over a month, but there is also a warrant with her name on it. Girl makes it home from Europe, but the rest of her family is now somewhere sailing in the British Virgin Islands, so her sweet Granny (Thank you Granny!!!) comes in and spends the day sorting the whole mess out. Granny leaves town and the doorbell rings. It's a cop coming to arrest Girl because of an outstanding warrant. Girl starts sobbing and shoves him all of the papers that clear her name while trying to call her boyfriend's mother just in case she needs someone to pick her up from jail! Cop looks through the papers, smiles, says "Sorry about all of this. Have a good day, ma'am!" and leaves. The End. It's a little anti-climatic, I know. (I still have a copy of the warrant... I have no idea why I kept it.)
1 comment:
I am still amazed with your memory. How you remember everything down to the specific ten years ago is just crazy!
Post a Comment