Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The Hair Saga Continues...

Will you join me in a moment of silence for Camden's hair?

*moment of silence*

Thank you. This is what my sweet angel looked like on Saturday...




and this is what my sweet son looks like now after a "stylist" butchered his hair...

*tear*

The story of how I found this salon in the first place is long and dramatic, so I'll spare you. Once we arrived at the future scene of the crime, I kindly explained to the hair lady I wanted his hair cut enough in the front so I could see his eyes... she apparently mistook eyes for FOREHEAD!!! (which might not have been difficult because she didn't speak English too well.) She just started chopping the front, and there was nothing I could do to save him! My poor sweet baby! The military school look is SO not him!

I cried when we left. Little Man and I both readily agreed that we immediately needed to drown our sorrows in cupcakes. He helped me make them, and I let him lick the bowl. Afterward, he had a sugar high and refused to go down for a second nap... but I had already checked off the day as a total loss, so the no-nap wasn't too big of a deal. I know his hair will grow out in just a few weeks, but it's still sad.


We all know the cliche 'licking his wounds'... Camden just licks the batter :-)


When Aaron came home from work, he took one glimpse of Camden and busted out laughing. I believe his first words were, "Hey Mr. Dumb and Dumber!" ... and he's right. Camden has the same haircut as Lloyd, doesn't he?

Aaron kept on insisting we needed to pay a little more and take him to a real salon, not a walk-in. I finally agree. If I can't find someone here, he requested I spend an extra ten bucks and take him to my stylist at Cottonwood in Edmond, OK. I think the $10 is worth it it for the tears and stress his hair has caused. *sigh* Our goal now is to just get Camden's hair to cover his forehead, so he won't be called "Lloyd" anymore.

6 comments:

megan k said...

He and Sam can swap hair disaster stories!! haha

Hannah E. said...

Our condolences to you all.

We've suffered similar casualties. One was the week before Jonah's second birthday, so I had to postpone his 2-yr pictures until a month later. His actual birthday party pics made me a little sad. Thank goodness it grows!

But thanks for the laugh...you crack me up.

Sara said...

hahaha! Aaron is always good for comforting. :) Well, no matter what his hair looks like, he's still the cutest kid ever.

Betsy said...

Aww..Cam and Sam are alike in so many ways!!!

Crocs and bad haircuts- what good buddies!

Amanda said...

I think he looks adorable, but I totally feel your pain. My husband had our son's hair cut last week and I nearly cried when I saw it. I have a hard time with haircuts. Thankfully, boys' hair grows back pretty quick.

Jennifer said...

Oh Dear!!! The lady will answer to God some day, don't you worry! Justice wil prevail!