Camden's first time to take a picture. I find it ironic that he'll look straight into the camera if he's the one pushing the button...A few random things going on at the McD house right now...
When I look back on this time of my life, I think I will refer to it as 'The Cheerios Era'. There are cheerios everywhere. They're actually not official Cheerios but store brand Whole Grain Organic Toasted O's (love my HEB!!!)... but they look the same as the original Cheerios when smashed into my furniture, carpet, clothes, etc. Little Man has one of those spill-proof cereal cups, a SnackTrap, but he tries to stuff his face with like twenty Cheerios and will be lucky if five of them make it in his mouth. I am constantly cleaning up only to see another fresh pile a few minutes later. Why not get rid of the Cheerios? Because Little Man still only has six (six!!!) teeth, and it's difficult enough to find him a snack he will actually graze on. The Cheerio situation has gotten so out of hand that even Gracie, my trusted vacuum, has gotten sick of the taste and will now overlook them completely. All I ask is that you do not look in the cushions of my couch if you stop by... unless you are wanting a little snack.
Camden and Gracie fighting over the Cheerio SnackTrap. This picture also shows how much he needs a haircut. Aaron has been calling him 'The Fifth Beatle'Camden's sleeping situation is about as sporadic as his Cheerio aim. His wake-up time now fluctuates from 6:15 to 7:45 in the morning. He has also gotten up in the middle of the night a couple of times over the last few weeks, which is unusual. I don't mean to offend the newborn mommies out there; I know what they would do for a full night's sleep because I've been there myself. It wasn't until I had a newborn that I realized how much I LOVE sleep. During Camden's 'Three Hours of Sleep Per Night Era', I promised my pillow I would NEVER take it for granted again, and I haven't. I love sleeping soundly through the night, and these past couple of weeks have thrown me off. It doesn't help that Corvette guy, our lovely neighbor, has woken Little Man up twice from his naps this past week with his obnoxious engine roaring. It has taken everything in me not to storm over there and lecture him on why the only reason he has that stupid car is to get a woman but the problem is nice girls don't care about sports cars, and they also don't care that he washes it twice a week in his driveway with no shirt on blaring Soundgarden's "Black Hole Sun" from it's speakers!
Now you know why I haven't been consistent on blogging... I've either been napping during the day to catch up on some sleep, picking up the Cheerios underneath my couch, or praying about my anger towards Corvette guy.
In other news, Little Man seems to have a passion for shoes... just like his mommy. His favorite games is "Where can I put Mommy's shoes?" One of the blessings of living in a new house is the large master closet with the built-in shelves for our shoes. They all sit neatly in order from flats, heals, sneakers, etc. until Camden decides to take them, one-by-one, and run over to the laundry basket, toss them in, and then run back for another one. Granted, I should be thankful that he entertains himself while I am getting ready... but folks, he's good at this game. In just a few minutes last night, he managed to sneak 15 shoes into our laundry basket on the other side of the closet.
Little Man has never shown an interest in his own shoes until last week when we went to the new outlet mall in Cypress. They have a New Balance outlet, and I scored a pair of extra wide (for my kid's fat feet) sneakers for $8. As soon as I put his shiny white shoes on, he ran around the house, testing them out. He loved wearing them. Shoes didn't become an obsession though until this weekend. I broke down last week and ordered him a pair of Crocs online. Let me just say that I'm not a huge fan of them unless they are used for something like water recreation, gardening, lounging, etc. I know they are huge right now, but I think they do nothing for my feet... or outfit for that matter. Anyway Camden loved his Cousin Addi's Crocs so much that I couldn't resist ordering him a pair. Crocs might be unattractive... but so is stinky, sweaty feet in Houston summertime. I decided to choose my battles and purchase a pair of navy Crocs while even adding Blues Clues Jibbitz to them. The Crocs arrived on Saturday morning right before we were heading to the park. I switched out his shoes and told him that mommy got him special 'Blues' shoes. "Boos?" he squealed. He gazed down to see his new shoes with 'Boos' attached to them, and I could tell he loved them...

I just didn't know how much he loved them until one fell off and he refused to walk any farther until his 'boos shoe' was back on. When it fell off again, Aaron decided to take them both off and let him walk barefoot. Little Man planted his feet onto the ground and did his signature 'headstand stance' (what he does when he gets mad) and cried until Aaron put the shoes back on him. He then giggled and jolted through the park once more. Since then, Little Man wants his shoes on him at all times. If they fall off, he hands them to Aaron and says "Boos?!" I'm excited that he is excited... but this could get old fast.
4 comments:
good post! i love it! :)
You make me laugh and that's kind of hard to do b/c of my lack of sleep as well.
My neighbors are so lazy that when a family member comes over they honk their horn to get the occupants to come outside. When do they do this? Chloe's nap time. Does she usually wake up? Usually.
My sister in law has croc's for her boys and she's like you, not into them, except for her boys. She loves them b/c they can't get dirty and they can put them on alone. ;)
awwww. I miss ya'll so much! His crocs are too cute! I can't wait for the waking up in the middle of the night to become "unusual". I'm hoping 1 more month is the key! And I can't imagine Miles getting bored of any taste. I think he'll be up for the Cheerio challenge. Right now he's into eating soaked breast pads. GROSS! BAD DOG!
I just figured out how to do this again. Love reading the blog! He just couldn't be any cuter!
Post a Comment