It has been a crazy couple of weeks, so let the updating begin!
My mom, sister, and niece came for a visit over Spring Break. We had so much fun shopping, eating, and playing. The craziness level was definitely up a few notches with two toddlers! They played and played and then played some more. We went to a park, played in a fountain, watched people sing and dance at Johnny Rockets, and took a trip to The Rainforest Cafe (although Miss Addi was a bit frightened until we told her Diego lived there.) Camden had so much fun playing with Grams, Auntie, and Cousin Addi!
What's cuter than a naked baby in a bathtub???
We packed up for our Easter trip to OKC on Wednesday, and Camden and Gracie couldn't wait to get on the road!

On Thursday, Aaron had his long anticipated Lasik surgery. For those of you who didn't know, Aaron's vision was 20/800... which meant he couldn't even see the large E on the top of the eye chart. He can now see better than 20/20 and is so excited about it! Aaron and I went to Tulsa on Friday to see Baby Ben, eat at one of our fave restaurants In the Raw (so good!), and attend a wedding reception for Daniel (another college friend) and Katie. On Saturday we went to Aaron's grandparents in Northern Oklahoma to celebrate Easter with lunch and an Easter Egg Hunt. This was Camden's first attempt to hunt for Eggs, and he did a great job!
Easter morning brought on Camden's first visit from the Easter Bunny. I think Little Man knew this because he got up TWICE that night, which was rare for him. The Easter Bunny had no choice but to rearrange his morning because of Little Man's overzealousness, but when Cam woke up from his first nap... sure enough, there was a basket full of goodies sitting on the coffee table.
I didn't really know how he would react this year because he is only one, but when we crept into the living room, he hopped up and down and immediately jetted for the basket. He instantly grabbed the Woody doll from the basket and held it up for us to see. Woody has gone everywhere with the Little Guy ever since. Did I mention this kid is a Toy Story fanatic?Here is Camden in his Easter outfit...
I was so excited to get this pic of Camden in his Easter outfit because not only is he looking at the camera, but he is also smiling... later I see he was drooling like a madman. How can it be so hard to get one good pic???We headed up to Shawnee to celebrate Easter with my family that afternoon. By this time, Camden was an expert at hunting eggs. He only paused once when a faulty egg leaked some jelly beans. Did Little Man falter in his quest for eggs by stopping to eat them? Not my Little Guy... he began picking up each jelly bean, placed them back in his basket, and moved on to the next egg. What determination!
Camden definitely had a good time eating. He has never eaten a lot of sugar because I'm a little picky about what he eats on a daily basis, but I'm all about spoiling on certain occasions... this is just the first special occasion he would actually eat any sweets. I'm certain he had more sugar on Sunday than he probably has in his entire life.
His Aunt Patti and Granny Gran gave him this cookie, and he went nuts over it! He also went nuts from his 'sugar high' and then really nuts from his 'sugar crash' later on that day.The McDs' had a great time with everybody, and Cam loved all of his treats and gifts from everyone. We are finally back home now and have seen most of the state of Oklahoma and Texas this past week. Little Man gave a stellar performance in his car seat the entire week. What a trooper!

Let's also not forget Miss Grace, who is an expert rider herself...






2 comments:
I understand what it feels like to not be able to read any letters on the chart! If I want contacts that match my blindness, I have to special order them. They don't make them. I'm jealous of Aaron's new found vision.
Cam looks very handsome in his outfit.
I love the pic of Camden and Gracie in the car ready to go. Hilarious! His Easter outfit is super cute, and what a great pic you got!!! I can't wait to see him when we come down....still not sure when. I might want to wait until he is sleeping thru the night and I have lost some more weight to do some fun shopping!!! Call me sometime!
Post a Comment