I can't believe it has already been a month since we moved to Katy! We are all adjusting quite well considering. Gracie is still whiney, and she still follows me everywhere. Where is a dog whisperer when you need one? Camden is a huge fan of the playgrounds and the nice weather. Aaron is a huge fan of not having to worry about shoveling ice off of a steep driveway (which does NOT stop me from being extremely jealous of the 6 inches of snow in Bville last week!) I'm a huge fan of my HEB Plus grocery store (I could seriously write a whole blog on it's fabulousness, but I won't. Just know that if you come to visit us you will be making a trip there, and you will be amazed.)
Camden is WAY into tools right now. Aaron and I found a realistic drill and small tool set at Target the other day. He has been drilling and hammering non-stop. In true Little Man fashion, he lives dangerously because his favorite thing to drill is the gas switch for the fireplace and any light socket. If you are needing any home repair, just call Handy Camden to fix to it!
The pediatrician saga is now resolved. It was a huge ordeal with pediatricians who have long waiting lists, not accepting new patients at all, or accepting new patients but not being able to get Camden in for a month... I'm still confused on the whole process here... do people pay off a pediatrician to get in to see him? Make a donation to the clinic? Who knows. However, We did find one finally! We like her and have gone to see her twice already. Camden had his ear infection follow-up and two weeks later we went for his 15-month check-up. She had remembered him from the last visit, called him "Cam", made him a puppet out of a throat stick to entertain him while we talked, and asked me how his teething was going because she remembered his tooth was breaking through the last time we were there. Yay for personal attention! It's not like I wanted someone to sit there and tell me how fabulous Camden is (because we all know this is true and doesn't need to be said, right?) I just wanted someone who actually acted like they cared about the well-being of my child.
Some of you know about another situation that happened last weekend, and that I spent the good part of the week "walking it off". It helps when my friends back home respond to the story with "They did what!?!?" This makes me feel better because I thought I was just hyper-sensitive from the pediatrician drama. I won't go into detail and I wouldn't mention it at all, but I must attempt to justify the lack of sanity that ensued last Thursday...
It had only been six weeks since Little Man's last haircut, but he was close to mullet status already, and I don't have Kim to cut his hair anymore. After last week's drama, I was scared to even attempt the hunt for a hair stylist (waiting lists, rejections, etc.) so on Thursday I snatched up a pair of scissors and attempted to cut Camden's hair...again. When do I ever learn??? I fortunately put down the scissors when I realized I was very close to a disaster. *sigh* The next day we took a trip to Sports Clips and paid $12 *cringe* to get his hair fixed. It's still a little uneven in the front because he would NOT sit still. The rest of it looks even now, thank goodness! I had to promise Aaron I would NEVER attempt to cut Little Man's hair again. Cam's hair is a work of art and should be treated as such, so we are now on the lookout for a barber who not only charges less but also understands the demands of Little Man's hair.
In other news, Cam's G-ma (my mom) came down for a MUCH-needed visit this past weekend. It had been WAY too long since Little Man and G-ma spent time together, but he still knew who she was and immediately giggled and reached out for her. I had been a little worried about being so far away from family, but he still remembers everyone he sees so far. My mom, the early childhood specialist, was coloring with Camden when she noticed how he was holding his pen. She seemed to be impressed with this, so I feel it must be written down in his baby book (a.k.a blog). I think she called it fine motor skills? I don't know... but here is a picture of it. Apparently most kids just grip the pen. Cam holds it like he's a big boy...
Don't worry folks, he hasn't hit genius-status yet. When you ask him where his ears, mouth, and eyes are, he will still just point to his nose. We're working on that one...Speaking of coloring, Camden and I went to our first Katy MOPS meeting on Friday. While in the nursery, he made his first ever craft!!! I was so excited to see this lying outside his nursery door when I came to pick him up. I made a big deal out of it, and we both showed Dad when he came home that evening. Yes, it is on my fridge right now... Yes, I will probably keep this forever... and Yes, I believe this is the best artwork I have ever seen. Just look how much depth he pulled from the blue crayon...ingenious! :-)

We are also VERY excited about Camden's new friends who have finally arrived! Sweet Lilly and Baby Cole were both born last week, and we can't wait to meet them! Congrats to the new mommies, Jen and Chandra! We love you guys!



5 comments:
i LOVE it! you're right... he's an artist. i can't wait to see you!
It's about time you updated!
And, the pen holding- WOW! That is crazy good!
Give Little Man a big, slobbery kiss from his slobbery, teething friend Sam. (That seems a wee bit gross- but they are under age 2so we are OK for now.)
He's so cute with his tools! I bet he could teach Chris some things already!! ;0) Can't wait to come down to warm katy to visit ya'll and I'll bring your maternity clothes when I come. Thanks for letting me borrow them. Sad to say I'm still wearing them....but hopefully not for long!
Camden is a chip off the old block...Tool time Camden is going to be a builder like his pop!!
I can't wait to smooch those cheekies!!! Miss you. Only two more weeks and counting!!
Post a Comment