Sunday, February 24, 2008
Two month mark with Chuck E Cheese
This week marks the second full month of Texas residency. I must say we are becoming HUGE fans of the weather. The high was 80 degrees today! After church, I camped out in the backyard with a bottle of tanning oil and a good book while Camden took his nap (though I think it's going to take many more hours of sun therapy before I am beyond my usual pasty hue.) We are still aclammating to life here in Katy, but it has been easier than we originally anticipated. We have been blessed in the fact that our families have made the trip more than once since we've been here. Katy might be where we live now, but I still think of Bville as my home. Oddly enough, I miss the simplicity of Bville. Here we have everything at our disposal...shopping, restaurants, bakeries, FABULOUS grocery stores, amazing neighborhood amenities... but it's not really necessary (as fun as it is!). We are happy here though and know that this is where we are supposed to be for the next few years.
In other news, The McD's had our first Chuck E Cheese experience a couple of weeks ago. For me and Aaron, it was our first experience as parents, which meant chasing an excited Chuck E Cheese first-timer around the entire place. We went there to celebrate Camden's friend Josh's 2nd birthday. Camden liked the giant Chuck E Cheese singing on the stage, but I'm sad to say they do not have the entire band anymore. Does anyone else remember the band with the scary gorilla playing the keyboard? Now Chuck E Cheese is just playing solo. Anyway, I think Camden's favorite thing was the strobe lights; I'm sure his neck hurt from looking up so much!
He wasn't a huge fan of the games and rides, BUT he did seem to enjoy going up to random strangers playing games and pressing the buttons for them... many apologies were handed out throughout the night. We played Skee-ball, and he loved throwing the ball down and then going to the person next to him and grabbing their ball too... again more apologies. He had a blast that night though and was so wired from the fun that he stayed up an hour past his usual bedtime!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment