
On Wednesday night we stopped by the ConocoPhillips Christmas Gathering where we heard that Santa was going to make an appearance. We were excited to visit Santa at the party because not only did we not have to wait in a way-too-long line at the mall, but we also bypassed the INSANE $25 picture fee. On the way there, I gave Camden a pep talk about Santa. It obviously did not work...


His little lip began to quiver as soon as I put him on Santa's lap. The wailing followed soon afterward. Betsy and Aaron had their cameras out, taking pictures of my crying baby with a still-smiling Santa. Call us bad parents, but we couldn't help but laugh. As soon as I picked him up, the tears stopped although he was a bit weary of everyone for a little bit. He did enjoy sitting by the tree with his friend Sam.


It has been a few days, and I am pleasantly surprised by the self-control Camden has been showing. We are only minus one ornament, taken off by Little Man and accidentally smashed by Gracie. (It doesn't hurt that I invested in a few plastic ornament balls from Hobby Lobby.) I am SO excited that we decided to decorate this year. My favorite thing has been our stockings. Stockings have always been a big deal in my family. We got some of our nicest gifts in our stockings, which my mom knitted for my sister and I when we were babies. My mom knitted Camden's last year and finished the other two for Aaron and I this year. I love them!The only decoration I bypassed this year was my nativity scene. It's not child-friendly, and there really isn't a safe place to put it. We obviously cannot go without a nativity scene on display, so I got online and purchased a Camden-friendly nativity scene. He LOVES playing with the one at the Gregory's home, and this can be special to him because it's actually one decoration he can play with as much as he wants without mommy saying "No Touch, Camden. It's pretty, so no touch."
Aaron has also stocked up my Ipod with several of my favorite Christmas Albums. The classics I have grown up with are both Amy Grant Christmas albums, John Denver and the Muppets Christmas (you haven't lived unless you have heard Miss Piggy screech 'FIVE GOLD RINGS!!!') and the beloved Carpenter's Christmas Album. Those four albums were countlessly played through the years at my parent's house. I have since added to my little collection. Last year, Third Day and Sarah McLachlan came out with amazing Christmas CDs. Josh Groban's Christmas has been added to the mix this year, and I am loving it. Aaron has gotten used to the fact that from Thanksgiving to December 25th, only Christmas music will be played in the car.
Since we found out we were relocating to Houston, I have been silently praying it would snow at least once before we left. I just couldn't imagine going through an entire winter without seeing snow, BUT last year's ice storms (and being held prisoner in my house for two weeks) left me a little hesitant to lift up this prayer. I love snow , but I hate ice. Well the first winter storm came through last night and blanketed everything in ice, not snow.
She was not going to have any part of it.
Aaron braved a trip to the store this morning, and we are now settled in our hilltop home, not expecting to get out for a few days. At least we get to see a little white on the ground before we head off to a sunny Houston, right?


1 comment:
I love the Santa pictures! What a fun trip that must have been! When are you heading down? Are you getting bored yet??
Post a Comment