Monday, August 6, 2007

Here, There, and Everywhere!



Whoops! Did I do that?


Camden remains dedicated in his quest to get into everything that he shouldn't. I must give him credit; he is one determined little man. I follow through with my whole redirection routine, but he will always try to squirm his way back. It appears that the destination of choice this week will be the dog bowls. I don't blame him because it really is twice the fun. He has the water to splash around AND the dog food to pull out piece by piece.


'Mommy chasing Camden' is the main activity during the day, so needless to say I am pretty wiped out by late afternoon. Fortunately little man has a "hands-on" daddy who is thrilled to hang out him in the evenings. They love to go on evening walks with Gracie to give mommy a little "me" time. After the walk it's time for little man's bath, which is a family affair at the McD house. Aaron and I have a system where one of us will give Camden the bath and the other one is in charge of the 'after bath'. 'After-bath' duties include towel drying, combing Camden's massive coif, lathering him with lavender nighttime lotion (very manly), and adorning him in his sweet little jammies. 'Fun bath' time is what we call it when it's Daddy's turn to bathe Camden. These are evenings when Aaron instructs Camden in the ancient art of splashing and other really cool tricks like squirting bath water into little man's mouth with one of his many bath toys. This specific trick is Camden's favorite part of the whole bath. He opens up his mouth really wide and giggles, while Aaron squirts the water all over his face. I'm sorry to say that baths with mommy are a tad bit less exciting . I find it difficult to let my sweet baby gulp down large amounts of dirty bath water. That's why we have daddies, right?

On Saturday evening, Aaron was running the bath water for 'fun bath' time. After I undressed Camden, I let him crawl to his daddy in the bathroom. I ran to get the camera because I truly believe that few things are sweeter than a baby's bare bum, and I had wanted to get a picture of him. I came back to see that my naked Camden had climbed up to the tub and was now completely mesmerized by the running water. (Picture a cute naked baby leaning over the bathtub to grasp the water; it was adorable.) I gazed down from his sweet grinning face and noticed a small stream trickling down the side of the tub onto the tile floor... and it wasn't the running water. Aaron and I saw it at about the same time and couldn't stop laughing. Camden didn't seem to notice; he was too busy watching the water. I ended up cleaning little man's puddle while they had their 'fun bath' time.

still think there's a little water left in the bowl...


In other news, it's "Back to School" time and for the first time since Kindergarten, I will not be participating in the annual tradition. Yay! It's an odd feeling but a good one. Ironically, I'm still having the typical teacher dreams of not having my classroom ready or being ill-prepared when the students arrive on the first day. Last week I happened to glance over to the crowded school supply aisle at Wal-Mart and was once again relieved that I did not have to partake in the madness this year. I've gotten to see quite a few of my students at their jobs this summer. They don't quite understand why I won't be coming back. Remember when you didn't realize that your teachers had a life outside of teaching? My favorite comment was, "so... you are like going to be a desperate housewife?" I miss my little angels, but one of the best decisions I have made in my life (up until this time, the best decision had been my transferring from OU to OSU after my freshman year) is to spend my days loving on Camden.

Peek-a-boo with a little drool!

How could I miss all of this fun?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My goodness Amanda, he is getting so big. He's adorable too! Do you still have Myspace? If you do, here's my site: www.myspace.com/teachinu

Amanda said...

Yes! I just asked you to be my friend! We can be myspace dorks together!

Hannah E. said...

i didn't know you had a myspace. i'll look you up!