Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Camden's First Step Toward Academic Excellence


The McD family has had another eventful week, to say the least. Last Wednesday, Aaron headed to Tulsa for the PGA, while Camden and I headed down to Stillwater for a much-needed Chandra visit. Camden also got his first tour of the OSU campus. We dropped by the admissions office because one can never start the admissions process too early ( it also happens to be Chandra's workplace, and we wanted to see her office.) He got to love on a couple of Chandra's co-workers, and I couldn't help but relay to them that he is also a future O-State student. There are some people (my OU family) who caution me on pressuring Camden into attending Oklahoma State. They ask, "What if he whats to go to OU?" First of all, we will not pressure him and will be happy with whatever college Camden chooses when the time comes. Secondly, OU will never be an option. His daddy vows that he would rather send Camden to the University of Texas *gasp* than for him to ever become a Sooner. Anyway, we had such a nice visit with Chandra, and Camden and I both feel they need to come back to Bville immediately. The next morning I took little man to my fabulous old workplace, Aspen. I sat down for coffee and breakfast, while Camden stayed busy being mesmerized the espresso machine.


We headed back to Bville in the afternoon to pick up Aaron and head to OKC for the weekend. Over the weekend, Aaron got some quality pool time with Camden, and I got to help my mom with her classroom. I also got to go out with friends April and Jill for some late night coffee sans our sweet babies. We were all in need of some adult conversation... so much so that we were out until midnight... which is way late for these mommies. Aaron and I also went out on a date (a rare occurrence) thanks to the grandparents. Camden got to spend time with family and hang out with his cousin Addison. Thanks to Auntie Amie for taking these pics!

Camden and Cousin Addi playing together


Now we are back home where we have been seeking refuge from the 100 plus temperatures outside. Seriously, Camden, Gracie, and I have been lying around the last two days with the shades drawn, A/C blaring, and the ceiling fans on full blast. The heat has made us extremely sluggish. Not to mention that our computer isn't working and I have been without the internet. Aaron was kind enough to bring home his laptop tonight, so I could get caught up on email, blogs, etc.

Anyway, we also have some baby news!

Before your minds wander, let me clarify. We had not seen Lola in a couple of weeks, since this ghastly heat wave began. I was beginning to get worried again, but she showed up this evening to proudly show off her own new addition...her new baby! Lola is now a mommy! We had no idea that she was expecting; we just thought she was a rather "healthy" deer. Baby Deer wasn't too sure about Gracie's "hello" barks, but Lola seemed to reassure it, and all three of them hung out for a while. The McDs' are proud to add a new member to the family, but what to name Baby Deer... any suggestions?

No comments: