Friday, May 11, 2007

Crazy May!

It has been way too long since I have posted a nakey pic!


We've been pretty busy here at the McD house. We've had OKC visits, baseball games, friends visiting Bville, vacation planning, keeping up with Camden...whew, it's been a week! Not to mention this crazy weather! It feels like we are in Seattle... without the Puget Sound or the amazing fresh seafood.

We were in OKC last weekend for the Bedlam baseball game, and we got to hang out with friends and eat at Chelinos. Camden didn't come to the game, but he still wore orange that day in support of the Cowboys. We also get to spend time with family.

Camden and Cousin Addi playing together. This was Camden's first time to sit on grass, and he was way more interested in picking at it than looking up at the camera.


Last week Aaron surprised me with a vacation... sort of. He came home and said, "Well, I wanted to surprise you with a vacation... but I didn't know where you wanted to go... so surprise, we're going on a vacation somewhere!" Apparently he was putting a little more aside in the vacation fund than what we had agreed on in our original budget. We made a list (for me- the visual learner who loves lists!) of about eight places to consider. We narrowed it down to a couple of places, and I started researching on tripadvisor.com, one of my favorite websites. We couldn't decide to do the "beach scene" or the "city scene". Puerto Vallarta? Cabo? New York? We discussed it over a couple of days, and we decided on... New York! There were a couple of deciding factors, but the biggest one was that if we went to the beach for a "relaxing" vacation... I would probably just sit and worry about Camden the entire time. If we went to New York, I could keep my mind occupied with Broadway shows, 5th Avenue, Canal Street, and Serendipity's Frozen Hot Chocolate. We got engaged in New York, so it's a little near and dear to our hearts. We also have a couple of friends in New York who we would really like to visit. The problem is that the best time to go (as far as prices) is in the middle of the summer. That's coming up! That leaves little time to prepare myself with leaving my sweet baby for 4 nights. I was doing okay with it until we booked the hotel and flight last night. Now I'm freaking out a little, but I know it will be extremely hard no matter how long I wait to leave him. I know he'll be fine with the grandmas, but I think I will miss him so much, it will physically hurt. It's really hard to leave him because not only do I stay at home with him, but he also never stays the night with anyone because there is no family nearby. I told Aaron I would be okay with going if Camden could stay in his familiar surroundings here, so the grandmas are coming up to Bville to hang with him. so... we're going to New York!!! In my head, I'm still saying... we're going to New York and leaving Camden for four nights?!?!

Anyway, Camden is doing several new things. I think that he has taken his 6 month birthday as an opportunity to expand his likes and dislikes. I told Dr. McQ about our cereal drama at his 6 month appt, and he told me to forgo the cereal and just give him the fruits and vegetables for now. Camden has tried peaches, pears, sweet potatoes, and squash and seems to like it much better than the cereal. I still try to trick him with cereal every few bites though. After I throw in a spoonful of cereal, he spits it out and gives me a look that says, "That's not cool!" We are eating baby food two times a day. I've researched on how much to feed him and when, and we have been testing things out and hoping to get into a pattern soon. He will finally take a bottle!!!! He went about two months where he would refuse to take it, but he will even take one for me now. He also had his first sippy cup experience this week. I put water in it because everyone says not to put formula in it at first, and I am not planning on giving him juice, even the non-citrus kind, for a long time. The only bottled water I had was in the fridge, so it was ice cold, but he liked it! Most of it dribbled down to his bib, but he is getting the hang of it. I'm just letting him take sips with his baby food because he still doesn't really need water just yet. It's pretty cute though, and I don't think it will be too difficult to switch to his sippy cup when the time comes.

Camden will now sit and "hang" out with us! There was a time not too long ago where he could not sit still... if someone was holding him, he wanted to be carried around. Camden contently watched most of "The Office" with Aaron last night. He sat on Aaron's stomach and blew raspberries (Camden's new favorite thing to do) at Aaron for about twenty minutes. Aaron would blow raspberries back, and Camden would laugh and do it again. I think this has been my favorite stage. He is so much fun right now! The child loves songs! When I start singing "Five Little Ducks" or "The Raindrop Song" he will stop whatever he is doing and give me this big smile. My mom is a Kindergarten teacher, so these kiddie songs have been embedded in my head for years...I just never realized it would come in handy. There is an M&M commercial that plays the Addams Family song, and he smiled when he heard it the first time. It turns out that he's a huge fan of the song. Whenever he gets a little grumpy, I sing it and he immediately smiles... go figure. I'm cherishing this stage and loving every minute of it because I understand "hanging out" won't last forever because the crawling stage is around the corner.

No comments: