Monday, May 21, 2007

Camden's First Haircut!

Yay for Mother's Day!

We had a good Mother's Day last weekend. Aaron, Camden, and Gracie took me out for some Maggie Moo's on Sunday evening. Camden had sent me flowers earlier during the week, and he and Aaron gave me Mother's Day cards on Sunday. I also get new bedroom furniture, yay! Now I just need to find some that I like, which will be the difficult part. On Wednesday, Camden got his first haircut!!!! What baby needs their hair cut when they are only six months old??? It was starting to get in his eyes and was making it difficult for him to see anything, so I really didn't have a choice. We only got the front cut because I couldn't bear to cut any of the rest. He did so well when she cut it


He stayed still, while I held him and Aaron (of course) took pictures. It helped that Camden was in front of a mirror because that child would stare and giggle at himself for hours if we let him. He'll probably have to go again in a couple of months when the back of his hair gets a little "mullet-like". I saved the hair to put in his silver "first curl" box. My little baby is growing up! Afterwards, we sat outside Aaron's building and ate lunch together before Aaron had to go back to work.

Camden has been resorting back to some old habits lately. He did not sleep through the night for a full week! He would wake up at random times ready to play even though Mommy was SO not ready to play! I even fell asleep feeding him once. There was one night last week where he refused to go to bed. He was up until 1:45 a.m. Some might ask, "Well, why didn't you just let him cry it out?" Camden doesn't "cry it out"; Camden will continue to cry for HOURS! He cried for an hour and a half when I tried to walk him around to get him to sleep. Aaron and I took shifts and tried EVERYTHING to get him asleep until he finally went down FIVE hours later! He was fine when he woke up the next morning. go figure. Either sleeping through the night was just a phase OR (and this is what I think is going on) Camden has sensed my apprehension about leaving him when we go to New York and is trying to remind me that leaving is a good thing, AND I will get to sleep... did I mention our hotel has an extensive pillow menu??? Any place that is THAT concerned about me getting a good night's sleep is a Godsend! Dreams of a full night's sleep, ordering Broadway tickets, and researching restaurants for reservations has helped me get pumped up for the trip. I am thinking more "Holy cow, I'm going to New York!!!" and not "I'm going to New York and leaving my poor sweet baby for four nights!?!?"

Camden has been doing a lot better with the baby food. I don't even try to give him cereal anymore. It wasn't worth it. I think his favorite fruit is applesauce, and his favorite veggies are sweet potatoes. He's not quite sure about carrots and squash though, and I haven't had the nerve to give him peas or green beans yet.

mmmm... sweet potatoes! (I vowed to never post a picture like this, but I couldn't resist...)

I'm choosing my battles. He loves his sippy cup though, but he's not quite sure how to drink from it just yet. He is still blowing raspberries at everyone and everything. I took him up to Aaron's office last week, and he showed off his little trick to everyone. Of course, they all knew who taught him how to do it-his daddy. Camden has now started to really notice Gracie (our other child). He likes to pet her (a.k.a. grab and yank her fur out). We can't decide if he is either trying to give her kisses or trying to eat her... but he has a tendency to lean toward her with a wide open mouth. She is becoming quite the babysitter though. When I need a few extra minutes to finish something and Camden is getting impatient, I have Gracie come sit by him and entertain him for a few minutes. She is surprisingly very patient with him, and I think she is starting to accept Camden as part of the family... or at least accept that Camden is staying whether she likes it or not.


This week won't be as busy as the last couple of weeks, so hopefully I will get to blog a little more of the "going-ons" of the McDonald household and not just quickly summarize what we have been up to lately. Aaron and Camden are going to get a lot of bonding time this week during the evenings because I am taking golf lessons all week. I have recently been telling Aaron that I would like to learn how to play, and some of my girlfriends are taking introductory golf lessons this week, so Aaron signed me up! I was always bored with golf, but Aaron likes to play, so I thought I might as well learn since Camden will most likely play as well.

2 comments:

Sara said...

yea!! i LOVE the haircut! he looks like such a big boy! good luck with the golf :)

Anonymous said...

yay foor golf! hahaha! that'll be fuuun!