Saturday, November 16, 2013

Back To School- August

We entered our second year of homeschooling this fall.  We initially chose homeschooling because Aaron and I agreed that a large Kindergarten classroom was not the best choice for Camden.  Now we homeschool because we all love it.  The kids go to a one day a week school (Classical Conversations), and we have so much freedom with homeschooling the other four days of the week.  It has taken us awhile to find our homeschooling groove.  I find I'm a mix of Charlotte Mason and Classical philosophies.  I love the memory work and importance of history with a classical education, but we are also relaxed and spend a lot of time playing and exploring.


Here is what is on our plate this year...

Camden:  1st Grade
Math-  Saxon 2nd Grade
Handwriting- A Reason For Handwriting 1
Reading- mostly reading aloud and also having quiet reading time.
               We are going through Magic Tree House books right now
Spelling- We started out with All About Spelling 1 and tossed it after about ten minutes.  We will be using Spelling Power when we work it into the budget.
Science:  Science project through CC and units I have created
History:  history through CC and hopefully starting Story of The World in the Spring.
PE:  Karate and Soccer
Art: Art Class in afternoon CC
Classical Conversations

Caroline:  Pre-K Part 1
(Caroline's bday is in July, so we are 'red-shirting' her and will do Pre-K twice.)
Math- Mathseeds online
Reading- Reading Eggs online
Handwriting:  dry-erase letter and shapes book
PE:  Ballet
Art: Art class in afternoon CC
Classical Conversations


Vivi Cate:
Art: Coloring on herself
Math: Dumping baskets of counters on the ground
Handwriting: Scribbling on Camden's handwriting page when he isn't looking
Reading:  Hiding Caroline's favorite storybook
CC:  Hanging out in the nursery and playing mama to the babies


First day of CC 2013

My 1st Grader


My Pre-K'er

and my 2 year old


I can always get them to smile if I promise they can make their own pose for the second picture.

Camden goes for his classic karate move...



Caroline is the queen of making different faces.



Vivi Cate thought she could do a ninja move better than her Bubba.

She looks pretty tough to me!


No comments: