Since our adoption began, we have had a mixture of what I call 'good adoption days' and 'bad adoption days'. When someone asks me how it's going I usually just respond with one of these phrases because few people know all of the acronyms, numbers, and fancy lingo that comes with an international adoption. Today was a 'bad adoption day' because we got our first feedback from a grant, and we were denied. Even though grants are a long shot, I SO wanted this grant. We SO needed this grant. I've spent the day moping around, drinking two full cans of soda, and scouring Pinterest. About an hour ago, I paused long enough to check my email when I noticed a new message from my social worker. It has now turned into a 'good adoption day' because...
We are officially...
Our dossier is on it's way to China! China is running a bit sloooow at the moment, so it will take a couple of weeks for China to review our paperwork and log us in. (For those who follow
Under The Sycamore, a fellow Okie, ya'll know what I'm talkin' about when I say China's been slow!) Once we are logged in, we can be matched with our child! Come on dossier!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment