Thursday, December 17, 2009

Five Months Old

The Little Miss is five months old this week. She is doing SO much better and losing some of those high maintenance qualities we had grown accustomed to these past couple of months. The colic is gone, and she is much happier in the evenings. She usually only cries when she is either sleepy or hungry, which is amazing! We are still getting up at least once, sometimes twice during the night, but she is not up for near as long. She smiles a lot now and has such a sweet laugh! We have also been illness free the for the past month, which is an outstanding accomplishment! We are all a little more sane at the McD house... for the most part.

Anyway, I have not done a good job documenting Miss Caroline's day-to-day life. I always promised myself I would document my second child as much as my first child, but life is pretty crazy with two kids. I now understand why there aren't nearly as many pictures of me as my older sister (although I still might be a little bitter about that).

So... Caroline, from one second child to another, let's catch up on what you have been up to this past month!


Stats:
At four months, You weighed in at...
15 lbs 6 oz 24 3/4 inches

You are a chunky little thing, but not as chunky as the Little Man. At four months, he weighed 19 lb 8oz and was over 26.5 inches. Because your legs are shorter, you have more rolls on your thighs, and I spend my day squeezing them as much as possible.

Nicknames:
We call you 'Bee' most of the time.
When you were born, Camden thought Caroline was too long, so he started calling you Bee. We think it fits you perfectly.


Fun Tricks
You are doing so well holding your head up.
You are quite the nosy Little Miss, and I think this is why you are now so much more content these days. You can finally see what's going on! You are getting so close to rolling over too. Sometimes you will roll halfway, stop, and then lie back down matter-of-factly as if to say, "Hmmm... I don't think I'm going to roll over today. Maybe tomorrow." How very 'Scarlet' of you.


Favorites
:
You love to take bubble baths at night and try to eat as many bubbles as possible.

You love bath time the most when Camden joins in on the fun. He gets frustrated when you grab the washcloth and stick it in your mouth. "No Bee! Give it back!"



You finally acknowledged Gracie a few weeks ago, and I think you both have really bonded.

She doesn't like leaving either you or Camden. When either of you are napping, she sleeps in the playroom or on the stairs and waits for you to wake up.


You also love your Sophie Giraffe toy.
I got this for you as an early Christmas gift. I thought it was only fair that you get at least one teether toy that didn't belong to the Little Man. I was appalled at the price, but everyone said that babies love Sophie. A content baby equals a happy mommy, so I bought one for you. People were right. You love Sophie! You love how she squeaks, how the rubber feels on your gums, and how can you grip her by the leg.


What people say about you when we are out:

Strangers are constantly commenting on how much hair you have! It's getting so long in the front that I now have to create a make-shift comb over, so it doesn't get in your eyes! You were born to wear bows, and I stick them in your hair even if you still have your jammies on. I think I'm trying to compensate for the years of tools and action figures. Fortunately, you don't seem to mind.

People will also comment on your eyes. They will look at me then you and say 'Oh you have your momma's eyes!', but then they will do a double take and notice your eye color. They are almost greyish right now, and I think they will turn brown. You are the only one of us with darker eyes, and I like it.

You're a little sassy and not afraid to show it. Camden's teacher at church moved to the nursery this year, and she was so excited to take care of you! After her first day, she exclaimed "What a little mess!" She's right. You are a sweet mess who only likes being held a certain way for a certain amount of time. You are a girl who knows what she wants, and I like it that you are a little sassy (although I may retract that statement in 12 years.)

My favorite moments this month:
You wearing this OSU onesie was a full circle moment for me.
About four years ago, your Aunt Patti saw this onesie and decided that I needed it. It seemed a little crazy because I was neither pregnant nor even trying to get pregnant at the time, but perhaps Aunt Patti knew something I didn't. Six months later, I was pregnant. I thought Aunt Patti had some crazy premonition and that the baby was going to be a girl. It turned out I was having a Little Man, so I sadly tucked this little onesie away in some boxes. (Although Camden is fashion forward, not even he could pull off a leopard print.) I hoped that one day I would have a little girl to wear this onesie, and perhaps Aunt Patti's premonition was off by a a couple of years.
Then another sweet baby came into our lives, and the first thing I did when I found out it was a girl was search the boxes for this onesie. Technically, this is the first gift given to you; it just came four years early. I love it on you.


I also love this picture...
I love the pink.

I love how your little hand MUST grasp the corner of the mattress while you sleep.

I love the blanket my mom bought for you on our 'Celebrate Caroline' shopping trip a few months before you were born.

and... I LOVE that you are actually taking one hour naps now!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

cute post! let's hang again soon!