Now on to the updating...
This month we made the trip to OKC with an infant and toddler. All I will say is that we made it. It's done, and I'm super excited to not do it again until Thanksgiving. For those who wish to be entertained by our misery... the highlight was getting stuck in Dallas traffic, only going five miles in an hour, two screaming children, and a blow out diaper that covered Caroline, the car seat, and me. I just kept saying out loud "I can handle this. We will survive. I can handle this." We did survive, but as we passed Hotel ZaZa in Dallas, I begged Aaron to pull over and call it a day. It was only 10 a.m., and I was done. He either ignored me or didn't hear me from the screaming because he kept on driving.
The actual OKC visit was SO much fun though! We got to spend a lot of time with family and friends, and (of course) introduce Miss Caroline!
My new little niece (Addi's sister) Miss Em!Emily came to visit us in Houston when Caroline was born, but I couldn't lift the sweet thing due to my c-section. We finally got to cuddle and catch up with each other on this trip. Total cutie!
Caroline also went with me on a play date with my old school girlfriends, Jill and April. I so wish I would have had my camera to take pics of them meeting her! We sat around, held babies, let the other kiddos play outside and had a blast hanging out together. We've been asking ourselves why we had to give up slumber parties since we're 'grown up' now, so this Christmas we've vowed to have our own slumber party at a hotel (minus boys and children) and channel our 15-year-old selves... except slumber parties now won't include questions like "Do you think this flannel shirt goes with my Docs?" TLC's "Waterfalls" won't be playing in the background either.
Camden's First Day of Pre-School!
I was a little torn on putting the Little Man in pre-school at first, but after coming home from the hospital I realized Little Miss was going to be a little high maintenance for awhile, and Camden was not getting the attention and activity he needed. In other words... we were driving each other crazy! A pre-school with a waiting list had an opening at the last minute. hallelujah! He would attend chapel, music class, and motor skills. Motor skills?!? I learned this was a fancy schmancy term for good ole' P.E. class. I assume they believe using a fancy term will make parents feel better for spending an obscene amount of money for tuition if they know they're child is going to a Motor Skills class rather than P.E. This parent is not fooled.
I also learned that preparing for pre-school takes as much effort as preparing for college. He needed a nap mat, which our friend Misty was nice enough to lend to us. I could say I made him a Buzz sheet and Buzz blanket because I want to make my sweet boy happy, but really it was for making me feel just a little less guilty about sending him off two days a week.
We also had big decisions to make like what lunch box to buy! Cartoon character? or practical and cute? I went with the personalized Pottery Barn Kids one that matches his backpack. In my defense, by the time I hit Target all of the good lunch boxes were gone. All that were left were these tacky black Spiderman ones, and they were the same price as the PBK one. I know there are many years to come of tacky cartoon backpacks and lunch boxes, so I'm taking of advantage of the fact he could care less what his lunch comes in... because he probably won't even eat it anyways.
Camden was super excited on his first day of school. I told him to say 'Cheese!', and he gave me this pose...

"Wait a minute!" he screeched. He then ran over to his best buddy Gracie and refused to take another picture without her.
I'm still unsure of what Gracie is thinking here. Maybe she is sad to see Camden leave for the day... or she could just be nervous about the choke hold Camden has on her. What do you think?On the way to school we prayed that we would have a good day, and Camden would mind his teachers. After his prayer we did our usual 'Be Nice!' routine.
Me: Okay, Cam. We're going to be nice today, okay?
Cam: No hit! *shakes head* No push! *shakes head* No kick!
Me: You're going to be my sweet boy, right?
Cam: Uh-huh!!!!
I must admit I was caught a little off guard when we got to his classroom, and I saw the other moms prying their screaming children from their legs. Uh Oh, I thought. This isn't going to be pretty! I bent down to pick up the screaming Little Miss out of her car seat and prepare myself for a Little Man breakdown. When I looked back up, Camden was gone! I poked my head in the classroom and saw the Little Man already sitting at a table playing with a puzzle. I handed the teacher his bag, gave her a few instructions, and then braced myself for his reaction to my leaving.
Me: Bye, Buddy. Have a good day! I love you! *cautiously walking towards the door*
Cam:*continues to play with puzzle*
Me: Okay... so we'll see later?
Cam: *glances up at us for a few seconds* K, bye.
Me: *walking away muttering* Gee whiz kid. Guess you were ready to get rid of us.
I was not disappointed when we picked him that day, and he dramatically threw himself on my legs and began kissing me and Little Miss. I must admit my first reaction was to immediately douse him with Antibacterial Gel, but I instead bent down to give him a big squeeze and tell him how much I missed him. (I waited until the car to pull out the gel.)
Camden's Report Card for the First Day of School! I was shocked and pleased that 'Energetic' was not circled. In case you didn't know, 'Energetic' is a nice word for 'Wild and Crazy Banshee who doesn't listen or sit still'. This could easily describe Camden at times. He had a blast that day and loves going to pre-school. The teacher still says that he is a sweetie who does not show any violent tendencies, and I'm too happy to question her sanity for now. If Camden and teacher are both happy, then this mama is happy.



1 comment:
too funny...
Post a Comment