We waited a couple of days to bring the Little Man up to the hospital to meet Caroline. We waited this long for a few reasons. First, I was a little worse for wear the first 48 hours. Second, the curious Little Man might have a difficult time resisting the urge to yank on one of my IVs, and they did not come off until the second day. On Friday morning, my mom brought Camden up to finally meet his new baby sister. Two days without seeing my Little Man was almost more than I could take!
We've tried to explain the whole 'big brother' thing, but I'm not sure Camden understood it all because he seemed more interested in a Tootsie Pop the nurses had given him. He thought she was 'pretty' nevertheless.
Two weeks later, I still think he believes that baby sister is not here permanently. He seems to like her unless she cries... then he covers his ears and says 'Loud!' My hospital stay and healing at home, new baby, and all of the visitors have been a bit much for the Little Man. He now has selective hearing and this horrid whining voice when he doesn't get his way. We're hoping to break that this week. Prayers are welcome.
This is Miss Caroline in her 'take home outfit'. My Aunt Patti found it at 'A Room to Dream' boutique in OKC, and it's pink and frilly and was perfect for her first outfit. I think her mood immediately changed when we took off the hospital issued white t-shirt. Miss Thing already likes to dress up!
Caroline leaving the hospital! She did not cry on the car ride home, so we're hoping she'll like the car seat better than Camden did when he was a baby.Happy Birthday Caroline!
Camden loved blowing the candle out, so we re-lit it over and over and over. Caroline didn't seem to mind.

More Pics from the last two weeks...
Aaron reading the kids 'Where The Wild Things Are'.We think Camden channels the little boy 'Max' quite well. Caroline seemed to enjoy it too.
Me and My Little Girl. We're having fun with girl talks, picking out outfits, and discussing if we should go to Paris for her 16th birthday or wait until her high school graduation.Thank goodness we have plenty of time to decide!
side note: I detest that hat. On our trip to Southern California, I was so excited to take Aaron to Catalina Island. He liked Catalina Island, but he loved this hat he found in one of the shops there. He asked me how I liked it, and I assured him that it was probably the ugliest hat I had ever seen. He bought it anyway, and it has now become his beloved mowing hat. Camden seems to love it too.
How are the McDs' doing?
We're holding up really well right now. We've had family in town for the first couple of weeks, and they have helped out tremendously! I've been a bit more limited on what I can do because of the whole c-section thing, so we couldn't have made it without everyone's help. The last couple of days Little Miss has shown a different side to her. The past two nights Caroline has cried until about one in the morning and then up every hour after that. I'm in denial about colic... complete denial. I'm hoping this is an early three week growth spurt and my quiet sleeping baby will come back to me. She definitely prefers sleeping on her tummy, and I'm a little torn on what to do about that too.





No comments:
Post a Comment