Addi and Auntie... she got her love of shoes from me.She also claims that we're best friends. I'd have to agree.
We've been getting a lot of random questions lately, so I thought we would do a little Q&A to catch people up!
How's Corvette Guy?
I'm amazed of how many people ask how Corvette Guy is doing, and what he has been up to lately... so here's the latest from next door...
Corvette Guy had a rough month in April. He was visiting friends at a downtown apartment complex and came out to find his precious car sitting on concrete blocks. It appeared that someone else admired his Corvette enough to steal the wheels right off of it. Poor Corvette Guy, he was bummed for a few weeks. What Corvette Guy doesn't know (and what might have made his month worse) is that apparently a lot of our neighbors are under the assumption that he is gay. It didn't help things when a couple of weeks ago he was washing his car without a shirt on with another guy... who wasn't wearing his shirt either. Granted C.G. is a little high maintenance, but haven't they seen the ladies coming in and out of that house!?! He actually has a lovely girlfriend right now who he talks about with Aaron... but I won't divulge those details out of respect for Corvette Guy's privacy. They're funny though...
Anyway don't feel sorry for Corvette Guy because this week he came home with a BRAND NEW Corvette. I kid you not. The other night Aaron disappeared outside for about thirty minutes, and I assumed he was working on something in the garage. When he came in he said Corvette Guy had been talking to him the entire time about his 'sweet' deal and how it has 350 mega-something (if you want technical terms, ask Aaron) with leather, Navigation, blah blah, blah. Anyway if Corvette Guy is happy, than I am happy... as long as he doesn't rev up that 350- something engine during naptime.
How many more children do you guys want?
We've been getting this question a lot... and I'm still pregnant with our second one! The answer is 'NO MORE!' We are DONE! ... we just need to figure out a way to secure the 'doneness' so there aren't anymore surprises. I'm all for people having lots of babies... but that's just not me. I never wanted to have more than two kids, and I'm okay with that. The fact that my body spends nine months over-reacting to all of those pregnancy hormones makes it that much easier to be done. Aaron and I are both completely at peace with this decision... BUT there might be an exception down the road. Aaron and I are both very passionate about adoption, and if we ever feel called to adopt a baby locally or internationally, we will jump at the chance. If and until then, I am quite content with my two babies. Pregnancy-I have nine weeks left of you, and when I'm holding my sweet baby girl in my arms I will not miss you one bit!
How did you decide on the name Caroline Anne?
I picked out the name Caroline a few years back and for reasons I can't really remember besides the fact that I loved it, thought it was classic, and wanted to name my daughter Caroline if I ever had one. Aaron is a Neil Diamond fan, but he still wasn't sold on the name until one day we were driving, and he started singing "Sweet Caroline"... halfway through the chorus he stopped, turned to me and announced, "Okay, I like it." He dramatically vetoed my other name, which was Harper (named after the author one of the most amazing novels of all time To Kill A Mockingbird.) Later on, I came across Kelly's Korner blog, and she got to name her little girl Harper... so I wasn't the only one who liked that name!
As for Anne? My middle name is Ann, and I never liked the spelling of it after reading Anne of Green Gables as a child. I always wanted to be an 'Ann' with an 'e'. (If you haven't read the book, you might not understand that one.) Anyway when choosing a middle name, I decided to use my middle name with a literary twist. It's my little gift to Caroline... I think we'll be kindred spirits.
What's been going on with the Little Man?
There are days when I think the 'Terrible Twos' are getting to the both of us... and then there are days when I think he just happens to be the cutest and sweetest thing on Earth. The Little Man has TONS of energy, and if he doesn't get it out he can be a little troublemaker. One of the ways we are releasing energy is having a 'dance-off' in the mornings. I turn on some music, and Camden rocks it out for a few songs. He literally runs and jumps around the entire house for 10 minutes without getting tired... I wish I had some of his energy. His favorite song? The new classic 'So What?' by Pink. (Don't judge. It's edited and was on my workout playlist... that I haven't used since I was five weeks pregnant.) It came on one time, and Camden flipped out. He was running all over the place, which meant expelling A LOT of energy. I'm not completely a bad parent... after I rot his brain with that song we go back to child-friendly music like 'Choo Choo Soul'.
Over the weekend, we visited the pool for the first time this year. Poor Little Man was confused and because his swimsuit was wet, he needed to take it off to get in the pool. I tried to explain how we wear swimsuits in the pool, and we can't be naked like the bathtub, but he wasn't buying it at first. Luckily he forgot about the swimsuit after awhile, and now seems okay to leave it on. Thank goodness! He's back to loving the water, and we're back to practicing our 'kicking' and our 'paddling'. Only for the satisfaction of seeing my sweet baby so happy in the pool would I put on a bathing suit in public this late in the pregnancy game.
How's potty training Week 2?
Haven't you heard? Camden is officially potty trained! Okay... he would be potty trained if he was a puppy. The Little Man has always been a fan of the outdoors and doing his 'bizness' is no exception. The other day he was watching his morning cartoons, and he suddenly got up and headed out the back door. I watched from the window as my Little Man lifted up his shirt, aimed out towards the grass, and relieved himself off of my back porch. He then came back inside and sat back down to finish his 'toon watching. At least he is figuring out that my living room carpet is not the potty, right? Ultimately, I have decided not to push this thing. We've both stressed out about it too much.. Camden throws things and hits a little more, and I run out to the nearest Starbucks for a Decaf Iced Caramel Soy Latte. My monthly coffee budget is already spent... and it's only mid month.
We've made some strides, but I'm thinking that he's just not fully ready. I will still not put him in a diaper when we are at the house (except for naptime and bedtime obviously), but he will wear one in public because the Little Man just cannot run around bare bottomed and run out to pee in the grass every time he feels the urge.
What if he isn't potty trained until three? I think if Camden could fully respond to this question he would refer back to Pink and say, "So what? I'm still a rock star. I got my rock moves!"
I agree, my Little Man.
*edited note: Aaron was appalled that I called the Corvette a 350 mega-something. Apparently it's a 505 Horse Power something... does that clear it up for anyone else? It sure sounds the same to me...*

3 comments:
There's no shame in rocking out with your kids to Pink! Makes me feel better to know that someone else is like me. At least you're not Ross on Friends who sang "Baby Got Back" to Emma. Confession: Sometimes, I let Parker join me for a "girls night" and we watch The Hills together. If she has serious identity issues as a teenager, we'll probably know why.
I am with you on the two kids & done. That is what got me through the last part of my pregnancy & the labor. I kept thinking that I will never have to do this again:) Good luck with the potty training- it is not easy. I can only imagine trying to deal with that while pregnant!
you're so funny...
This goes out to all you folks/parents who think children need to be 100% potty trained before the age of three..."Come train mine if that is the stance you take!" (i'm taking your back amanda b/c chloe isn't 100% there) Ohh and when matt was a wee lad he pooped under a tree all the time. :)
"Terrible Two's Almost Three's" *tear* I think I angered God or something and this is payback for my sins
Post a Comment