Tuesday, March 3, 2009

My To-Do List

In celebration of the upcoming 'feel good' stage that is beginning to creep through, I have been making a to-do list of things I will need to get caught up on when my full energy returns. Have I mentioned how much I love lists??!?!

Things To Do:

1. Operation Boxer Briefs!
Oh yes, folks... the time to potty train the Little Man is coming after our March trip to OKC. I've been researching various methods, so we'll see what works for us. I'm sure there will be a lot of venting and several embarrassing posts to come in the month of April, and they will include the words 'clean-up', 'poop', and 'NOOO!' Stay tuned.

2. Big Boy Room Time
*sniff* *sniff* My Little Man will soon need to upgrade from a toddler bed to a big boy bed because we'll be needing that crib before long. We have everything we need for his new big boy Cowboy room, but we have to do some major rearranging before we set up everything. Little Man gets the now guest bedroom, new guest bedroom will combine with the office, Futon moved to playroom, etc. Whew! All of this rearranging will take a lot of motivation... and I'm just not there yet. I also want to be emotionally stable enough because I think there will be some tears... hopefully just mine and not the Little Man's.

4. The Return to the Kitchen
I have finally passed the nausea stage where I can look at food without running to the nearest bathroom. I've been searching online for recipes, and I was thrilled to see The Pioneer Woman post some amazing recipes while I was away. I was even more thrilled to hear Time Magazine ranked her blog as Top 25 of 2009. Way to go Ree! I adore her for several reasons...
1. She makes killer food and takes pictures of each step. Love the visual and can't wait to try the new ones.
2. She hales from Bville and still lives fairly close by there. When I get a little homesick, I read her real-life romance novel or look at her pics of an Oklahoma sunset, and it makes me smile.
3. She has a mentally retarded brother, Mikey, who knows so many people in Bville he might as well be the mayor. Anytime Mikey sees you around town he tells you 'you're pretty!' and asks if you have a boyfriend... even if your husband is standing right there. Mikey does a lot for a Bville girl's self-esteem, and I could benefit from one of his compliments right about now.


5. What Not to Wear, McD style.

*True Phone Call to Aaron at Work*
Me: I think I'm going to run to The Gap and pick-up some sweat pants.
Aaron: Wow, you're really letting yourself go, aren't you?
Me: I guess I am
Aaron: Good for you.
Me: Thanks.
*end of phone call*

I'm not going to lie... the last few months have not been pretty. My lowest point? Wearing an OSU hoodie out to dinner on New Year's Eve. *hangs head* We went out with the Gregorys and the Roushes, and I was excited that I was feeling well enough to get out of the house but too tired to put any thought to what I was wearing. It's a sad day when Aaron asks, "Uh... are you wearing that?" (You can imagine this sick pregnant girl's response.) Of course Chandra and Betsy looked adorable and were kind enough to show only love for me and my hoodie. It hasn't gotten much better since New Year's, so I'm vowing to return to accessorizing, full make-up, hoodie-less outfits... washing my hair... etc. It's going to be a little difficult because have I mentioned how much I despise maternity clothes? Fortunately I have not had to dive into them just yet... but the time is a-comin'.

6. Last but not least.... OPERATION: PINK!
side note: Aaron now rolls his eyes at the very mention of the word PINK. I thought about renaming it Operation: Blush and Bashful... but then I would have to explain to him what that meant, and I'm pretty sure he would roll his eyes anyway and then add on a dramatic sigh.

Plans for Miss Caroline's nursery are in full swing... sort of. We have to move the Little Man into his new room before anything actually happens. I have colors, bedding, decor, etc. almost figured out. Yes, it is going to be girly and pink because this mama has played with a lot of tools and dinosaurs over the last couple of years and needs to balance that out with some feminine stuff. Aaron and I are in a 'battle' over lighting at the moment. I'm planning on a chandelier, and Aaron is not.

His argument? "Why would you take down a perfectly good fan?"

My argument? "I have spent the last three months with my head in the toilet carrying YOUR child and should get to do whatever I want! If I want to name the child Scooby Doo I should be allowed to!"

My argument is way better, don't you think? We all know Aaron loves me for my ridiculousness and the 'perfectly good fan' will sit safely in the attic while a cute little chandelier hangs in my baby girl's room. I might be a little more understanding if it were a financial issue... but it's not. The budget for my entire nursery (all bedding, curtains, decor, chandelier, pictures, etc.) is $200. He can't argue with that.

4 comments:

Hannah E. said...

I used to never go out in sweatpants and without make-up, but my pregnancy with Jonah ruined me forever, in that regard. During pregnancy, my appearance is the first thing I let go. I'm just finding that it's hard to get back! I'm working on that NOW, 9 months after Parker was born. I'm trying to put more effort into it. It just usually ends up being me or the kids, we can't ALL look good every day. And Parker's closet is much better "stocked" than mine, so it just comes more easily for her to look cute than me. And then...boys are just easy with that. T-shirt and pants every day, and they still can look adorably handsome. Why does it take so much more work to look cute as I get older?!! I need some shortcuts.

megan k said...

Ok, so I totally agree with Hannah E. After Cooper, I could walk around in my maternity sweat pants ALL DAY LONG and be ok with it.

I watch 'What Not To Wear' and say to myself, "Well, if I lived in New York or had a ritzy job or did NOT live in B'ville maybe I'd care a little more." In fact, right now I need to shave my pits. yum All that being said, you let yourself go girl and enjoy it!!

Here's my Mikey impression, "Hieee, yur so preettty." *giggles* "What's yur name?"

Do you feel better?

Misty said...

Um, maybe you didn't look your best on NYE, but you have looked AMAZING this whole pregnancy. I wish I was still a size 2 at 20 weeks. Hell, a size 2 before I ever had babies would have been fine by me ;) You are always stylish at bible study, by the way, we missed you today!! :)

Amanda said...

Suddenly I'm needing a chandelier for Annabeth's room! And yes, your argument was perfection.