Saturday, February 14, 2009

The Only Thing That Separates Us From The Animals Is Our Ability to Accessorize

Camden is not too particular when it comes to clothes, but the Little Man means serious business when it comes to accessorizing his outfit.

The Hat
The Little Man loves a good hat. His favorite is a brown knit cap from H&M that Aaron picked out for him while we were in Seattle. (Pics of him with that hat on are locked away in a hard drive until we get our new computer.) The hat in these pics is from a recent Janie and Jack trip. My mom and I were taking WAY too long picking out clothes for the kiddos, while Aaron strolled Camden around. The Little Man spotted the hat on the clearance table, and in a desperate attempt to occupy the poor kid, Aaron gave it to him to wear around the store. I later caved in and bought it for him. I just can't resist a Little Man in a cute hat. But don't you think the hat wearing has gotten a little out of control when he wants to wear it at bedtime?

He also likes to wear Aaron's hats and already knows that to have street cred, you need to wear it to the side. (He must get this talent from his daddy.) I rarely wear them myself because they don't look as cute on me... but that doesn't stop me from desperately wanting to go to the Kentucky Derby some day just so I can get to wear one of those fabulous big-brimmed hats with a giant magnolia on it...or something equally as gaudy. Hopefully Camden wouldn't want to wear that one around...


The Shoes
We also share another love... my shoes. One of Camden's favorite pastimes is to pull out my shoes one by one and try them on. He would also pull his daddy's shoes down if he could, but they are on a higher shelf (lucky for Aaron.) The Little Man's favorites are these babies...

He likes to stomp around in my boots to intimidate Gracie Dog, Buzz, Woody, and whoever else is around. He thinks he is Woody in them, but sometimes he gets confused and runs around roaring like a dinosaur. Gracie prefers being chased by Cowboy Camden because he usually ends up running too fast, tripping, and planting his face in the ground.(Gracie has to get her kicks when she can.)
And yes, these are my cowboy boots. If you live in Texas, you need cowboy boots right? These babies aren't the tricky Jessica Simpson ones either. They are hardcore! I found them at a thrift store last year, and they look like they've done a lot of cow feeding or boot scootin'... or whatever else people do in cowboy boots. I love that they are already worn in (they have been deep-cleaned, I promise.) I just need some place to wear them now because as you can see, Camden has gotten way more use out of them than I have.

The Shades
Now that it's too warm for a coat and hat here in Houston... we have traded in Camden's winter accessories for sunglasses! He loves them and calls them 'eyes'. He asks for his 'eyes' wherever we go.
Unfortunately... the Little Man has developed a Jack Nicholson complex. He feels the need to wear them inside grocery stores, restaurants, church, etc. and doesn't even notice the attention he gets by wearing them inside; he just plays it cool, while his mommy just shakes her head and thinks that this is all getting a bit ridiculous.


I personally think the Little Man doesn't need any accessories to be cute...

Don't you agree?

3 comments:

megan k said...

That's soo funny.. Suprise!!! Boys and their nakedness desires...

Sara said...

i LOVE this post!!! especially the pic with the hat at bedtime. he is a doll. and i miss him sooo much! love you all!!

Anna said...

Loved this post! Luke hates all accessories, hats especially. Maybe his appreciation for such things is something he'll grow into. I'd give anything if he would wear a hat because it's so cold here lately!