So our new computer came in this week...and it already crashed. I kid you not. The computer people are replacing it, but it will take another two weeks to get us the new one. It's getting a little ridiculous, right? Aaron is going to download the cutest Little Man pics to his work laptop over the weekend, so I can blog 'em. Until then... I was tagged on Facebook to write 25 random things about myself, so while Aaron watched the Super Bowl *yawn* I filled this little thing out. Megan tagged me to do something similar on the blog, so this should count... right Megan?
25 Random Things...
1. I went through three majors in college, so I consider my education 'well-rounded'
2. The man I married is the only boy I ever told "I love you"
3. I was a journalist for the O'Colly and had an amazing opportunity to do a phone interview with a director nominated for an Oscar under 'best documentary'. She told me off the record that I asked more thought-provoking questions than her interviews with the New York Times, USA Today, and the LA Times. That was pretty cool, and it was even cooler when she actually won the Oscar a week later.
4. I'm an Organic Dork. If more people actually knew what lawmakers have allowed in our food over the last 25 years, they might see that I'm not a hippie... I just don't think US companies should be allowed to inject cows with hormones that are still illegal in most European countries.
5. One of my first concerts was Lionel Ritchie. I saw Lionel Ritchie literally 'dancin' on the ceiling' jealous?
6. I pushed a security guard out of the way to get to talk to Adam Duritz. Adam let me through and even signed my poster.
7. My hubby proposed to me in Central Park on a carriage ride
8. Five years ago I vowed never to live in Houston... and now I do.
9. I know how to snow ski... but I don't like it. I think it's a control issue.
10. Every Spring I get an overwhelming urge to hop in the car and drive the 26 hours to Newport Beach, CA. on a whim just so I can watch the tide come in. I know for a fact that one of these days I'll follow through on that whim.
11. I had to keep a Madagascar Hissing Cockroach for a project in my entomology class. I named her Adia and actually thought she was cute after awhile. When I returned Adia to the lab and saw they were going to 'terminate' the cockroaches, we high-tailed it out of there, and I found her a home with an elementary classroom. You're welcome, Adia.
12. One of my favorite places to get clothes is my Great Aunt Patti's closet. She's kept everything she's ever worn over the past 60 years. My favorite right now is an eggplant-colored cashmere cardigan circa 1958. I adore it.
13. I cannot drive a stick shift. At least four people have tried to teach me, but I can never get the car out of first gear without killing the engine.
14. I got to volunteer for Extreme Home Makeover a few years ago. It was below freezing outside, and it took three hours just to film the walk-in scene with the workers coming in and surrounding Ty and the designers. I had never been that cold in my entire life.
15. I think Body Art can be hot. I don't like the typical little tattoos, but I think a full arm beautifully done is pretty cool on the right person.
16. If I lived in a college town, I would sit in on a literature class just for fun because I loved them so much.
17. When I am in public, I have this overwhelming urge to go up to high school and college girls and tell them to have more respect for their bodies and show more confidence in themselves by covering up a little.
18. I worked as a barista for total of seven years and am a major coffee snob. I have to stop myself from reaching over the counter and correcting them as they completely ruin my soy latte.
19. I give mad props to people who dress outside the box. I loved my little punk and goth students because they were usually way more interesting and creative. Ironically the kids who made fun of them looked like clones wearing the boring cheap trends of that year.
20. A few years ago, I shot a gun for the first time and actually hit the clay disc in the air. That was my first and last time to shoot a gun. I saw no need to prove myself any further.
21. I pull on my eyebrows when I get stressed.
22. I find European history fascinating and love reading books on the subject.
23. I've never been tipsy much less drunk. Among other issues, it's a control thing.
24. I could care less if I win or lose a game, but I will totally talk trash while I'm playing it.
25. I only like the Super Bowl when I can chat with other girls and not have to watch the game... and we stayed home tonight... which is why I did this in the first place
2 comments:
Well done.. and very funny
Wyatt volunteered at that Extreme Home Makeover too! Crazy! Ah, Adia...I remember her fondly!
Post a Comment