Tuesday, July 24, 2007

On The Move!

Camden and I have been out of the blogging loop for a couple of weeks. We spent all of last week in OKC while my mom, G'ma, had surgery and recouped. She is doing very well, and we are back at home once again. Aaron was very lonely without the two of us. Gracie probably didn't notice we were even gone; she has been so excited lately because Lola is back! After the smelly flood waters went down, Lola reappeared on our lawn to hang out with Gracie again. Anyway, the bigs news is not that Lola is back (although it's funny how many people have asked about her)...Camden is officially a crawler!

That's right! Little man is on the move, and it's about to become a completely different world for us. He was taking a few steps here in there last week, but it took him a few days to get the hang of it. By Friday, he was on the move! When Aaron got home from work that day, I told him to sit on the other side of the room because Camden wanted to show him something. I set Camden down, and he began to crawl toward Aaron. Camden was so proud when Aaron made such a fuss over him. He's still pretty slow and meticulous about it, but he is such a cute crawler! I love the determined look on his face when he spots something he wants to crawl towards. He pulls himself up on everything right now, so we are slowly baby proofing the house. I still don't understand why Camden feels the need to put anything and EVERYTHING in his mouth. I also don't understand how he will ALWAYS gravitate toward the what is the most unsafe. The only unsafe thing in our family room is the fireplace, and what does he always crawl toward? -The rough brick fireplace with sharp corners that he will undoubtedly hit his head on.

Camden and I had a "full circle" moment a couple of weeks ago. We were at the downtown post office mailing my beloved copy of Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy to Chandra (mommy-to-be!), and the line was "out the door" long. I had luckily put Camden in his small Chicco stroller, so I didn't have to worry about holding him. Camden does really well in his stroller now, but a post office isn't exactly "eye candy" for him. I was praying for patience for both of us because I couldn't help but get extremely annoyed at the ONE postal worker working this long line, who was still taking time to share with a customer a recipe she had tried recently. Twenty minutes later, we were still in line, and Camden was being entertained by a sweet lady making faces and blowing bubbles at him. He had not made a sound except for a few shy giggles. Then... I heard it.... sweet words I never thought I would hear in a public place,

"Excuse me, ma'am, I believe your little boy is the most patient baby I have ever seen!"

I spun around toward the voice, and it had come from the back of the line. Of course the rest of the line heard this, and with all eyes focused on Camden, they began to murmur about what a quiet baby he was to sit in a line this long. Camden especially got a kick out of everyone happily waving "bye-bye" to him when we left. I was astonished! Rewind back to one of the (many) moments where my crying child and I (sometimes crying as well) were basically shoved out of a store. I stopped going anywhere for a long time because of Camden's "Battle with the Outside World". How far we have come! I am one proud mama!

a side note: there has been some technical difficulty with the camera, but new pictures will be added shortly

3 comments:

Hannah E. said...

I can't believe he is that big!!! Congrats, Camden. Good luck with the fireplace. =)
Also...TAG. you're it. Check my page to see why.

Angela said...

I am ao happy for you!!!! Babies crying in public can be rough sometimes. Paytie still continues to embarass me from time to time by thinking she needs something, me telling her no, and this resulting in her crying and rolling around on the floor in the Target check out line! :) Babies are so much FUN!! haha Like all your pics. He is growing up too fast.

Betsy said...

Likin' the new set-up...thanks for the Photography plug. You're such a good pal and Cam is such a good model for my "business".