We love it when friends and family come to visit!
Gma, Pops, Auntie, Cousin Addi, and Cousin Em came up to visit. Vivi thinks Em and Addi are the coolest kids ever!
Our buddies Jill, Nora, and Taylor also came up during the week.
The kids even scored ice cream cones.
It just so happened to be Vivi Cate's first ice cream cone.
She was a fan.
It also happened to be the night before our social worker came up for Vivi's 6 month post placement, and I did not have an updated family photo to put in the file! I didn't realize until this night, so I handed my camera to Jill, gathered up everyone, and then uploaded it to Walgreens one hour! *whew!* It turned out pretty good for last second planning!
Trailer Girls Reunion
Once upon a time, four girls lived in a very nice trailer in Stillwater, OK. Since then we graduated, got married, became moms, and we still get together for some fun times. All four of us met up at my house with our kiddo crew.
This is Vivi's little friend, Ben. Tamara adopted him from Japan, and he truly has the most magnificent dimpled cheeks I've ever seen. His momma and I have betrothed Ben and Vivi... although we won't tell them until they are older and are at OSU together.
Ben was cooking AND cleaning for her. He's a keeper, Vivs!
Aaron put Vivi down for the night, while Jill, Necia, Tamara, and I took the kids to the Kiddie Park.
The boys...
verses the girls.
They had a blast!
Nardin
Aaron's grandparents have a farm a few hours from house. We've sadly missed harvest the last few years, and we were determined not to miss it this year!
We weren't sure how this little cute was going to handle the day trip...
but she did great!
The farm now has wind combines that are very cool to see!
Vivi got to meet her Great Grandpa Darrell!
She got to experience a true Oklahoma windy day. It was hot, dusty, and windy!
Camden got to ride on a combine with one of his great uncles. He even got to talk on walkie talkies.
He loved every second of it!
but a few tickles from Grandma Jeanette solved that problem.
Caroline got to jump into Grandpa Darrell's arms.
and got a piggy back ride.
Two out of three fell asleep on the way home, which is a good sign that they had an amazing time!
A 'First'
I have two daughters who have very strong, determined personalities. They didn't like each other for a long time. I let them develop their relationship at their own pace... which was a snail's pace. One day I heard little girl voices in Caroline's room, and I peeked in there to find this...
They were playing WITH each other. It made my heart happy.
I think they are going to be best friends... some day.


















No comments:
Post a Comment