Monday, October 10, 2011

Caroline at Two years old

I'm behind. I know.  Rewind to July when my little girl turned two...



Nicknames You Respond To On a Daily Basis
Little Miss, Little One, Princess, Caroliney


Favorite Song
Baby by Justin Bieber
Aaron began singing it to her a few months back, and she caught on to the catchy lyrics.

Don't blame me.  This was all your daddy's fault. Your second favorite is 'Itsy Bitsy Spider'.



Other Favorite Things

Showing Off
Your first trick.  You can touch your toes to your eye, ear, nose, etc. This makes us all giggle A LOT. 



Girly Things
You are VERY girly.  You love jewelry, shoes, make-up and anything pretty.  Your G-Ma painted your toenails the other day and you sat perfectly still while she did it.  You still are obsessed with shoes and show them to anyone who is around. You spend quite a bit of time in your closet trying on all of your shoes.  

 We had our first fight mother/daughter fight over clothes last week.  We were going to a swim party, and you wanted to wear this puppy dog shirt.  When I told you no, and that you needed to put on your swimsuit, you dramatically threw yourself on the floor and cried for ten minutes.  It was quite a display, and I can already imagine the fights we will have in the future over clothes.  Bring it on, sister.


The Kiddie Park
YOU are a daredevil, Little Miss.  You love every ride at the Kiddie Park.  I was a bit hesitant to put you on your first ride.  The minute the swings started moving, you got the biggest grin on your face. 


That grin didn't leave the whole night. 


'Bay' the Blankie
'Bay' is by your side for the majority of the day and night. Your G-Ma thought you needed to have this before you were even born.  She made a good call because you are obsessed with her. You are not allowed to take 'Bay' outside of the house because there is only one 'Bay' and if we lose her, heaven help us! She's a one and only, so we could never replace her.  You seem to be okay with this agreement.  When you wake up in the morning, 'Bay' must also come out of the crib with you.  She covers your babies, wipes Bubba's tears, cleans up mild sippy cup spills, etc.
You even sneak her outside when you get the chance.  Even though you know I don't like you taking 'Bay' outside because then she gets dirty...  
 Then I have to explain to you over and over that 'Bay' needs a bath, and I have to take her for a few hours.  You then keep running into the laundry room to see if she is clean yet. It's quite a process.


Talking On The Phone
You LOVE to talk on the phone.  If I'm talking to your Auntie, and you hear me mention 'Em' or 'Adds', you lunge for the phone repeating 'Em Em Em Em' because you just HAVE to talk to Em that very second.  What does a two year old's conversation sound like?

Em: Hello! Hi!
You: Hi!
Em: WhaYoudoin?
You: Hi. Loveyou.
Em: Buhbye
You: No No
Me: Caroline say good-bye and hand me the phone
You: Buhbye


My Favorite Thing
 Sometimes in the middle of the night, you will  wake-up crying.  When I come check on you, you sob 'Rock-a-bye!' and point to your chair.  Sometimes I'll indulge you because you are that cute.  I'll rock you with your 'bay' covering you while you snuggle up and immediately fall back asleep.  Sometimes I'll rock you a ridiculously long amount of time because I want to soak in all of that sweetness.

And sometimes...when I'm holding you that close... I can't  tell where I end and you begin.  

This is why I indulge your rocking.  Should I rock a two-year-old back to sleep?  Probably not.

I learned something two years ago though.

I remember the night you were born. I remember the 'what if' that came after an early inducement, the struggle to actually get that inducement, and the cord wrapped around your tiny throat and body. This memory is not enough to spark fear because the Lord knew your perfect birth date long before your were a thought in my mind, but it's enough to be thankful that I get to rock you.

So even though I LOVE sleep, I also love rocking you, brushing my hands through your beautiful curls, stroking that last bit of baby chunk on your arms, praying over you and randomly whispering what a blessing you are to us.

And sometimes I catch your daddy doing the exact same thing.

Happy Birthday, sweet girl.
Love,
        Mom

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post. Thank you for sharing those moments with us. :o)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post. Thank you for sharing those moments with us. :o)

Sara said...

That was so sweet... I cried. I must be a mommy ;)

Aims said...

Love this post!