Autumn was a crazy time in Bartlesville, if you hadn't heard. Movie producer Terrance Mallick, who is originally from Bville, decided to make a movie here. I thought it was a joke, but then Ben Affleck began popping up all over town last month for pre-production stuff. Actual filming took place through October and November. Did I stalk a little? Absolutely! If Ben Affleck, Rachel McAdams, Rachel Weisz, and Javier Bardem are hanging out in your small town, wouldn't you? It's a little fun to drop off your kid at pre-school, turn the corner, and see this going on...

Ben was in the building, and Rachel Weisz (absolutely stunning!) was hanging out in a truck. Yes, I drove by the building. Yes, my friend Katie and I scoped out the scene from a parking lot across the street. Don't worry, I continued on with my boring life and went grocery shopping after our star sightings.
It's not like you had to try hard to figure out where they are filming each day. There were production company signs like these posted all over town...
If you follow the arrows, you will see where they are filming. It's as easy as that. Several times I have come out of my neighborhood to see these posted. They are closing off different sections downtown, and a lot of Bville people are extras in the movie. To be honest, I'm a little interested on how this film will turn out. With the different locations filmed, I'm just not quite sure where they are going with this movie. Out of respect for the film crew who have desperately tried to keep the plot a secret, I won't divulge on my blog what we have all seen and heard. For some reason, it's been pretty hush hush. Ben and family have been super nice to everyone here, and the possibility of Jennifer Garner hanging out at Wal-Mart made our weekly shopping trip a little less nauseating. I must admit I've gotten so used to the star sightings, it's almost becoming the 'norm' around here. Typical Bville conversations may go like this...
"Hey, I saw Ben Affleck standing on the street corner on my way here."
"That's nice... so what are you making for dinner?"
"I stood in as an extra in a scene this morning."
"That's fun... are you done with this week's bible study?"
"I'm watching Ben Affleck and Rachel Weisz walking down the street, filming a scene. Want to come watch with me?"
"Hmmm... that's okay. I'm a little tired right now."
A few weeks ago I was in the middle of a large pile of laundry, when a friend called and informed me they were shooting at the gas station outside my neighborhood. Laundry... or possibly watching Rachel McAdams film a scene? It wasn't a difficult choice. I grabbed my tennis shoes, threw on a hoodie, and told Aaron that I was going out to get some drinks. I went through my neighborhood's entrance from the back of the gas station and ran into this scene. I was prepared to pull up, find a parking spot, and check out who was filming there.
I was NOT prepared to be stuck in a parking lot with Ben Affleck (wearing the green down vest.)
and the other guy who was shooting the scene with him (dude in suit who is on the cast list, but I forgot his name.)

One of the film crew waved me over to a gas pump. I was blocked and on empty anyway, so I started filling up. One of the film crew guys came up to me and told me to not get my phone out and to not take any pictures while they were filming. They yelled, "Action!" and the guy told me to pretend I was having a conversation with him. Keep in my mind, folks, I was wearing my usual Saturday attire of no make-up, hair in ponytail, and my trusty Oklahoma State hoodie. The guy (who I learned was from Texas) was dressed like a typical Austin hippie. Would I guy who looked like he walked out of the Urban Outfitters catalog really be talking to someone who looked like they got out of bed? Probably not. This was the day of the OSU/Texas game, so I harassed him for a bit, filled up my tank, and then asked if I could go. I drove out of there fast.
Was it my Oklahoma State hoodie's big break? Not a chance. They spend an hour filming a FIVE minute scene. They must have filmed it another ten times after I left, so the hoodie will not make it on the big screen. Thank goodness! I AM excited to see my friends and even family have some big extra scenes, and I'm hoping those aren't cut in the editing process. Filming wrapped last week, and I never got to have a sit down discussion with Rachel McAdams about her role in The Notebook. Sissy Spacek was also in town a few weeks ago to visit someone, and I have watched Coal Miner's Daughter at least 50 times! Instead, I get stuck at the gas station with Ben Affleck. I like some of his movies, but he's not necessarily stalk-worthy, in my opinion. I kept hoping to watch a scene with Rachel McAdams. Never happened. Bummer because she's a little stalk-worthy.
...and the legendary Sissy Spacek who spoke the lines, "Hey Doolittle Lynn, who's that sow you got wallowin' in your jeep?"
Absolutely stalk-worthy!


2 comments:
Ben's not stalk worthy, eh? And so, Miss How-Quickly-We-Forget, just who was it who taught my grand-daughter to say her very first words, "Ben's HOT!!"
I must not get out much because I've seen no one. :)
Post a Comment